Chapter 14

Omniscient

"Mama, is Daddy coming?" Roland asked his mother, who was now 5 months pregnant.

"I don't know baby." Carter soothed her child, as he was worried that his father wouldn't come.

Aug👀 : Get the cake ready, ima make a surprise.

"Devon baby, come help me in the kitchen." Carter struggled to get up, but Devon came and helped her.

Walking to the kitchen, Devon kissed her. "What you need baby?"

"August is on his way here, we need to get the cake and shut off the lights." She looked at him.

"You get the children and I'll get the cake, candles, and lighter?" Devon asked.

"You got it." Carter smiled and kissed her boyfriend.

She waddled her way into the living room to gather the children and go into the kitchen.

"Okay kids, who's ready for cake?" She smiled at the young children.

The yelling of me and jumping came and they followed her into the kitchen. The cake was ready, and the candles were burning, all Carter needed to do was text August.

Cataaa❤ : Everything is ready, make ya appearance.

"Okay guys, we're gonna sing Happy Birthday to Roland, y'all ready?" Carter asked.

Everyone nodded, but as soon as they were about to sing, someone did it for them.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to youuu. Happy birthday dear Roland. Happy birthdayyyyy to youuu. Happy birthday son." August came in and sung it so soulfully that it couldn't have been done any other way.

"Daddy!" Roland ran to his father and August picked him up.

"Hey Ro, you enjoying ya birthday?"

"Uh huh!" He nodded his head.

"That's good." August put his son down. "You go and eat ya cake and ice cream."

Roland went at down with his friends and started eating his cake. August on the other hand, made his way over to Carter to talk about their unborn child.

"Hey Cata." August approached her.

"Hi August." She simply smiled.

Carter had no problem with August, she was in a great place in her life.

"Whassup wit you? How you been?" August questioned.

"I been good, and yourself?" Rubbing her belly, she looked him in the eye to receive his answer.

"I'm alive and for that I'm blessed; you know what we having yet?" He questioned.

"A little girl." She smiled.

He smiled as well because they both wanted a boy and a girl. Now, all August wanted to do was put a ring on her finger.

"August, I need to tell you something." Carter sighed.

"What is it?" August looked at her worried.

Devon walked up to them and kissed Carter's cheek. "You okay babe?"

Looking back and forth between Carter and Devon, August caught what was going on.

"Oh so y'all together na?" He asked, trying not to cause a scene.

"Yeah Aug, that's what I had to tell you." She gave a half smile.

"Congrats." August nodded and went outside for some fresh air.