New guy?

I opened my eyes and looked up at this new face. He had cat like emerald eyes and black hair that was really messy. His 'back off bruh' T-shirt showed off his abs and was tight against his muscular arms. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked again, confusion clear in those amazing eyes. I couldn't find my voice so I just nodded and took his outstretched hand. He pulled me up and watched me brush the dust off my jeans. "I'm Ryuu Peterson, nice to meet you." He introduced himself politely after I finished getting the dirt off of my backside. "I'm Jessie... Isn't Ryuu like a foreign name?" I asked and saw that bright white smile of his. It was enough to melt butter. "Yeah.... It's not actually my first name, just what I go by." He responded. I nodded. "Your new here aren't you?" I asked, this face is really new, like fresh off the presses new. "Yup" he popped the 'p' before he continued. "Just moved here from Maine." He said as he walked towards his truck. I could of swore it was Stephan's though. I walked in a circle and finally picked up my skateboard which had skid to a tree on the edge of the pathway. "What school are you headed to?" He asked after he had put something in the bed of the truck. "Davidson high." I replied quickly. "That sucks I'm going to ash burton high..." He said frowning. Even his frown was cute. "I'll give you a ride, I think it's actually on the way to my school." He suggested happily. "Uhm.... I'm not sure..." I replied as i backed away a little. I mean a complete stranger, all be it a cute stranger offered me a ride in a truck.... No sane person would agree. He suddenly did a face palm. "Sorry... It's probably awkward getting in a truck with someone you've just met for the first time. Especially you being a pretty girl and all." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. I burst out laughing, I didn't even try to stifle or hide it. My sides began to hurt from laughing so hard. "Did I say something funny?" He asked completely confused. The laughter subsided and I was able to answer him. "Just some nonsense about me being pretty." I smiled and flipped my skateboard on the ground a couple times. "Ya might wanna get your eyes checked kid. See ya around." I said as I swerved past him on my skateboard still chuckling.

The way to school was pretty quick, but still enjoyable until Stephan and his crew decided to catch me right before I made it onto school grounds. "Where ya think ya goin' hoe?" Alex asked before stepping directly in front of me. I lowered my eyes to the sidewalk and dropped my book bag onto the ground. He gripped my face and made my eyes meet his. "Look at me when I talk to you, ya ugly little freakshow!" He commanded as he hit me in the stomach a few times. I saw the same truck from this morning pass by slowly and eventually keep going. Stephan joined in by pounding my right eye a few times. Colt jerked me away from both of them and slammed me down on the sidewalk. The others kicked me around for awhile yelling names at me. The usual 'loser' 'freak' 'emo' 'weirdo' eventually my cries of pain became boring to them and they all left me alone and probably made it to home room before the bell rang. I slowly scraped my remains off the walkway and picked up my skateboard and book bag. I trudged to mrs. Alison's homeroom with small whimpers of pain escaping my throat. "Your late Jessie, what's your excuse?!" She asked with her shrilly voice as I walked into the classroom. "Sorry.... I got in a skateboarding accident." I lied and took my seat. "That's no excuse." She snapped. I rolled my one good eye and glared out the window... 'This is gonna be a rough day.' I thought pessimistically.