1 ► The Beginnings of Hatred

Start from the beginning

Kristen looked up, glaring at the person who interrupted her reading. She recognized him immediately, even though they had never met. She had seen his face plastered all over the news papers throughout her lifetime. After all, he was James Potter, the son of the famous Harry Potter.

“This book is actually quite interesting,” she argued before looking back at her book.

“I think that’s the first time that has ever happened,” Fred Weasley, one of the other boys who had recently entered the compartment stated.

“I believe you’re right,” his cousin Louis agreed, “Usually they become totally absorbed in him once they realize who is talking to them.”

“If you don’t mind,” Andrew asked, “What on earth are you talking about?”

“Well I assume you know who we are,” Fred stated, “Or at least who our cousin talking to your sister is.”

“Yes, he’s James Potter and you two are both Weasleys’.”

“Well usually whenever James meets a new girl and starts talking to them, they start to swoon and act like he’s a freaking god,” Louis started.

“She, on the other hand, acted like she really didn’t care who he was,” Fred finished.

“I take it that that has never happened before?” Alyssa asked.

“Never!” Louis exclaimed, “I think the world might be ending!”

Kristen just rolled her eyes, not even bothering to look up from her book. From what she could tell, the Weasleys and the Potters sure were an odd bunch.

***

Later that night, once they had arrived at Hogwarts, it was the sorting banquet. They would be sorted into one of the different houses. Andrew definitely wanted to be in Gryffindor, while Kristen would be happy with either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. However, they were both certain they didn’t want to be in Slytherin. They had heard a lot of bad things about those greasy slime balls.

Soon, the great hall was quiet as the sorting hat began to sort the first years into their different houses.

“Allen, Violet,” Professor McGonagall, the headmistress, read.

“Slytherin!” the hat shouted.

“Carter, Jason.”

“Ravenclaw!”

“Dillon, Ashley.”

“Hufflepuff!”

“Finnegan, Taylor.”

Taylor quickly walked up there, looking confident. She sat down on the stool and the sorting hat was placed on her head while the whole hall watched. It was only there for a few seconds though before the hat made up its mind.

“Gryffindor!”

“Grant, Samantha.”

“Ravenclaw!”

“Higgins, Aaron.”

“Slytherin!”

“Hiller, Lindsey.”

“Hufflepuff!”

“Jackson, Ronald.”

“Hufflepuff!

“Lee, Alyssa.”

She quickly rushed up there, looking slightly nervous. The hat did not take a very long time to make its decision with her either.

“Hufflepuff!”

“Miller, Rachel.”

“Gryffindor!”