Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

*****

I can't describe it, nor can I explain it. Right now, I could admit that I had never felt more uneasy in my life. The funny thing is, I was only staring at the entrance of a school.

"What are you doing? Come on, get out."

"Maximilian, watch your tone." The King shot at his son who just gave a nod before offering me a fake smile again.

"Jessica, shall we," he motioned to the school.

I snapped out of my trance as I nodded and stepped out of the black limousine. I fixed the bag strap on my shoulder.

I was wearing a uniform that consisted of a white shirt, grey pants and a black blazer and school shoes, the black matched the colour of the one Maximilian wore. The blazer also had accents of purple and blue which led me to believe the school colours were dark blue, black and purple. Lovely...

I had an unsettling feeling in my chest, but it wasn't the usual gut feeling that told me when I was in trouble, nope. I couldn't explain this feeling, but I hated it. I hated being uncertain or feeling somewhat afraid.

I heard a loud sigh before my hand was grabbed roughly. I looked up and realised Maximilian had grabbed my hand and was now dragging me into the schoolyard.

"This place is guarded." I muttered seeing the electric fencing, there were at least twelve noticeable guards patrolling the parking lot and I spotted cameras everywhere around us.

"Wasn't like this... until I got here." He shrugged, "Comes with the territory, I guess." He said.

This could have passed for a jail with the amount of security...

"So not all schools look like this?"I asked.

He chuckled. "Of course not. You've really never been to a school?" He asked looking at me.

I shrugged. "Homeschooled, my entire life." I replied.

"Max!" I almost attacked the person that pretty much jumped on my client causing them both to fall on the grass but I stopped myself when I realised it was his best friend, Gabriel.

"You imbecile." I smiled as Maximilian laughed shoving Gabriel off him. A throat clearing from beside me had Gabriel scrambling to his feet.

"Oh, mind my manners, my lady." I saw Maximilian roll his eyes and I raised my brows as Gabriel took my hand and kissed it. "Gabriel, but you may call me Gabe...I see this is where the good looking side of Max's family is." Hah.

"Trust me," I turned to look at the guys next to me, I recognised him as their friend Shayne. "This is pretence." He said, "He's an idiot after the introduction." Maximilian agreed as Gabriel just gave me a cheeky grin.

"Alright," Maximilian got to his feet, "This, as I have said, is my cousin Jessica. Jessica, this is Shayne, Gabe and Jaime. I allow them the pleasure of my presence daily." I laughed as his friends rolled their eyes.

"Maxi –" My eyes shifted as Maximilian shoved by me towards the voice behind me before I turned to see what he had been an idiot for. I wish I hadn't when I saw their faces crush together.

I tensed but forced myself not to react and instinctively break his arm when Jaime's arm fell around my shoulders.

"Welcome to our lives." He muttered looking disgusted by the scene before him.

"Good thing you're his cousin. The last thing we need is another Maximilian worshiping lunatic." Shayne motioned around us and I noticed how many girls looked envious at the scene before us.