Chapter 01

Saturday Evening...

As I enjoyed my bubble bath while Roc wasn't home I just sat there thinking. Thinking about Roc about him becoming into this beast, this monster, a woman beater. This was not the Roc I met before. As I was in deep thoughts I had heard the front door unlock. I had a dumbfounded look on my face because Roc wasn't supposed to come home until 7:30 pm. As I heard footsteps coming up the stairs I slowly made my way out of the tub slowly grabbing my towel. As I heard the door knob slowly turning, my body got tense more and more. I knew it was Roc. As soon as the door opened I put my hands up in surrender while backing up and saying "I apologize for not making dinner I just thought you were coming home at 7:30 so I just took the time to take a bath."

As I spoke I saw Roc's eyes travel all around my body not paying attention to a word I said. I already have a feeling what I was gonna get later on. After a few minutes he snapped back into reality and said "Why in the hell are you taking a bubble bath? Were you fucking somebody else while I was at work?" At this point I was pissed. At the fact he thinks that I would cheat. And who the hell would I have an affair with. I mean, I don't know any other man but him. I then responded by saying "I felt dirty so I took a shower. You got to be kidding me Roc, you're the only man I know so how the hell was I cheating?!" I said that with a little anger in my tone. When I looked into his eyes I saw the sign of anger. As I studied for more signs I noticed his fist were balled up. At that point, I knew I went too far for him.

Before I knew it I felt a hand smack me across the face which made me fall to the ground. I covered my face as he tried to punch me in the face. He had then pinned down my arms with one hand while with the other punched me repeatedly in the face. For the finish, he kicked me in the stomach and left the bathroom. He had left bruises all over my stomach and gave me a black eye.

After I finished bawling my eyes out, I had gotten up walked in our king sized room to put on some clothing. I wanted to be comfortable so I wore some black sweats, a white t-shirt and some socks. I headed downstairs to start dinner. The meal I had in mind was to eat some take out food. But, I have to follow the rules. Yea, that's right. Roc has rules for me. And one of them is cooking homemade dinner. EVERY night. So, I decided to make fried chicken and Mac & Cheese since Roc loves soul food. I noticed that I didn't have the seasons I needed so I threw on my black and white Nike Air Griffeys Max 1 GS and grabbed my phone and keys. As I was about to leave I forgot that I have a black eye so then I put on my sun glasses. Then there was Roc moving toward me sluggishly. "Bitch, where the fuck are you going?" He slurred out. He must have gotten drunk or something. I told him I had to go to the grocery store because there wasn't enough seasoning. He told me to go.

I'm surprised he let me go by myself. As I got in my red Sonata and rode to the grocery store I thought about leaving Roc. 6 years of abuse wasn't working for me. Then, the idea hit me. This plan was gonna take some time doing .