"Yeah yeah." I said, closing me eyes, then opening them again to fix my focus. "Thank you, buddy!" I grinned, trying to forget all about those knees for awhile.

"Ouch! Buddy? That kills me!" He joked and I laughed as he wiped away his invisible tears. "You're welcome, princess."

...

"Want a date?" I sat on Kyle's desk just as Mr. Davis walked out the class. Some kids bid their goodbyes at me and I did the same, smiling at them. My best friend, however, just sat there, with his mouth agapes and eyes just as wide, looking right at mine.

"No way." He murmured after awhile.

I tried to hold my laugh, swaying my hanging feet back and forth. "Let's go somewhere fancy."

"No freaking way." He said again, louder this time. With that, I jumped off his desk and faced him.

"Don't forget to dress up. I'll pick you up at 9!" Now that woke him up.

"Whoa hold on. I'm the guy here." He slid his bag to his shoulder with ease. "Besides, wouldn't it be too late?"

I shrugged and walked out the class with him following me close behind. "Live a little, Kyle. Take it or leave it?"

I heard him chuckle for awhile before falling into step right next to me. "9 it is then. I'll be waiting for you by my front porch." He batted his eyelashes as I heard the alarm of his car beeped right when he clicked the remote.

"That's my lady." I grinned, walking into the passenger seat.

"Oh god, I still can't believe she just asked me out! I'm tots freakin out right now..."

And it went aaaall the way back home.

...

"One mushroom burger, extra cheese, no pickles for you, sir, and one philly cheese steak for the lady. Is that all?" I repeated the lovely customers' orders.

"Oh and add one large fries to it, please?" The lady said and I nodded, writing it down on my note.

"Noted, ma'am. Your orders will be with you in ten to fifteen minutes."

"Thank you." They said in unison.

"My pleasure." I said before leaving them to the kitchen and put the note on the orders holder to soon be processed by the chefs.

"That was good." Joan surprised me from behind. I turned around to smile at his compliment. My first compliment on my first day! That's pretty cool! "You know what? You're a fast learner. You can just start working here on Monday. I'll give you a list of our menu. You think you can learn it all by yourself?" My eyes went so wide, I was so sure he was about to run away. Before he did that though, I nodded my head eagerly. I think it's becoming my hobby. "Okay, great. Let me know if you need any help aaand I guess that's it. You may leave once that table is done."

I grinned so big and hugged Joan out of my consciousness. I really didn't care what others might think by that time. I was beyond happy. I even forgot momentarily about my knees. My first job. This isn't pretty cool. This is beyond awesome!

"Thank you. Soooo much. I won't let you down. Never." Eeep! I was so excited!

I, Lillian Cooper, finally got a job! It may won't be much but it'd still do to cover this whole...tumor thing.

...

"Sir? The last couple left this money on the table."  I said as I handed Joan the bill with Andrew Jackson's face on top staring right to him. Joan, on the other hand, looked at me as if I had grown a third breast. "What?"

"That is for you to claim, Lillian. They liked your service and they left you some tip for you to bring home." I've given people tips before, that's for sure. And I kept the 1 and 5 dollar bills that other people left for me but 20 though?

"Are you for real?" He chuckled and nodded. "Awesome!" I stared at the money for awhile with a big smile and pushed it down my pocket.

"Keep it up, Lillian."

"I will. Thank you! I'll see you on Monday!" I can definitely do this aaaall day!

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed my dress before dashing off to the restroom to get changed and get ready for the date. No time for this messy hair. I just put on my dress and applied a little makeup to make myself look somewhat decent and went pass through everyone with a wave and smile.

This day just gets better and better. I thought to myself.

Once I got to Kyle's house, it was 8:58 so Kyle was not yet waiting by his porch like he said he would. I then walk to his front door and straightened up my dress just to complete it all, hoping his mom would open the door and stare me down intimidatingly.

"Oh my God." Okay, maybe a little too much hoping. Instead of Savannah, another beautiful lady was staring me down with wide eyes and shocked face that got me all terrified somehow. It's starting to feel like a real date now.

"Um...is Kyle home...?" I asked hesitantly, not knowing what to say.

"Oh my God!" She repeated again, with a grin this time and that got me even more terrified.

She looked somewhat familiar but oh God who is this lady? Where did I see that face before?

"Are you done creeping her out? I have a date to attend." Kyle said, opening the door even wider and my oh my was he hot. He was playing classy with his baby blue shirt inside of a navy blue sweater and he paired them up with a black jeans and brown leather boots that got him looking like a perfect model for Men'sHealth magazine cover.

"She's so pretty!!! Oh my God. You've grown up so much! Good choice there, buddy. I'm no longer doubting you."

"Aaaand she's not done."

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. I'm done now. Why don't you be a goofball and introduce me to her." And me to her? No? I thought to myself.

"Destiny, this is Kara, my half sister." Oh! Now it's all coming to me. Kyle once told me about how his dad got his university girlfriend pregnant and he just found out later on once he was already with Savannah. So this is the sister of Kyle. It's awesome to know they're close.

"Hey! It's so nice to finally meet you, Lillian. Kyle has told me sooo much about you!" Dammit she's so cheery. Welcome back, Mr. Jealousy.

"More like you forced me to tell you." Kyle butted in and I chuckled at that.

"It's nice to finally meet you too, Kara." I smiled politely at her.

She grinned, again, so big, and smiled at Kyle like a proud mother watching her son receiving his first award. "Kyle, she's a keeper." She said, wiping fake tears and that got me laughing as I saw Kyle's red cheeks.

"Oookay. Come on, Des." Kyle pulled me away of his house, leaving Kara behind with me still laughing.

"I'll see you later, Kara!" I shouted out and I saw her laughing while waving at me.

"No she won't." His words were let out just as loud as mines were.

I think I just found my new best friend.

-------

😳 MY BAD 😫😫😫 thank you for all who's been reading!!! Much love! ♥️♥️♥️ I'll update more! Promise! 😲