Chapter 5 One step foward and blown backwards

Start from the beginning

"Believe me I want to but my parents taught me not to be in the same bed with a woman if I'm not married to them. Not to take advantage of her and not to make her worth less then she is." That meant so much to me to know I have found some one who won't take advantage of me.

"Okay." I said with a smile.

   While he gets his shower I got the floor ready for him to sleep. When he got out he tucked me into bed with a kiss on my head. He turned out the light and we went to sleep. Him on the floor and me in the bed.

   It has been three days since my dad left. I told Josh if any one calls don't get the phone. They really will flip if they call and hear a guy answer. It's weird that he has been gone for three days and not called.

   The phone rang right after my thought. That must be him right now.

"Hello?"

"Is your mom around?"

"No she left about maybe one or two weeks ago why? Who is this?"

"I'm from the sheriff department. A man has been identified along with an older woman. Are you his daughter and her grandchild, Beth?"

"Yes. What happened? Are they okay? What's wrong with them?"

"I think it's better that we talk in person. Do you have anyone close to you that you can call?"

"Yes my friend Josh. He can come over. Is that fine?"

"Yes mam that is fine. I'll be over in a little bit."

   I hung up the phone knowing something bad has happened I just don't know what.

"Did you call me?" Josh asked walking into the room.

"No the Sheriff is coming over to talk to me about something. He asked if anyone could come over to stay with me."

"And you told him me?"

"Yeah but you are my friend not my boyfriend to him. Okay?"

"Yeah that's fine."

   The wait is killing me

I want to know what is going on. Where is my dad and grandma? Why does the Sheriff want to talk to me? There was a knock at the door. As soon as I open it all my questions will be answered.

"Hello Beth. I'm Owen. They sent me over to talk to you. How are you doing today?"

"I'm fine. What is going on? Where is my dad and grandma?"

"It seems that on the way to South Carolina they had an accident. A couple of teenagers were racing on the very road they were on. One of the cars swearved and cliped their car sending it into a ditch. They stoped to look at the damage but just hid the bodies in the woods. They told the doctors they swearved to miss a deer is why they were in such a bad shape. A hunter was in the woods and found them and called 911. The doctors remembered them coming in and the rest fell into place. Right now they are facing some serious charges."

"So you mean..." I didn't have the strenght to finish.

"Yes. I'm sorry. If there is any thing I can do don't hesitate to call."

   By now I was in tears. My dad is not coming home. My grandma is also dead. How could such a thing happen? Am I going to loose every one that means any thing to me?

"Do you have things here or so you want me to stay?"

"No thank you, Officer Owen. I've got her. Thank you for letting me be here for her."