Family Day

(Please play the video when told) The day is finally here. Family Day! Carlos can finally get to meet my parents! I was a part of the performance for when we would sing a remix of the song 'Be Our Guest'. I did have a good singing voice, but I hated singing in front of people. You saw how I was when Mal and Evie walked into my room yesterday while I was playing my ukulele. I hated the practices, too. I swear, Doug had to have stepped on my shoes like a bajillion times! After seeing how the V.K's parents treated them, I was already ticked off to my highest level, so I tried not to snap out on him during our practice before the real show.

After about an hour, the guests started to arrive. I still didn't see Carlos or any of the V.K's, for that matter. We went out so that everyone could see us, got into our places, and Ben started the introduction. (You can play the video now.)

"Ma chere, mademoiselle. It is deepest pride and greatest pleasure, that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the dinning room proudly presents your dinner." he said excitedly and bowed in courtesy, introducing us as we all began singing.

"Be our guest, be our guest. Put our service to the test. Tie your napkin 'round your neck cherie and we provide the rest. Soup du jour, hot d'oeuvres, why we only live to serve. Try the gray stuff, it's delicious! Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!"  we sang as all of the boys stepped up and started rapping.

"They can sing, sing, sing! They can dance, dance, dance! After all miss, this is France! And our dinner here is never, never second best. Come on!"  they sang as we all threw our cloth napkins up in the air. "Come on, unfold your menu! Come on, take a glance and then you'll Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest! Come on! Yeah! Be our guest, guest, yeah, yeah!" they sang as we all started singing again.

"We tell jokes, I do tricks with my fellow candle sticks! And it's all in perfect taste that you can bet! Come on and lift your glass! You've won your own free pass, to Be our guest."  we sang as Ben sang by himself a bit.

"If you're stressed, it's fine dining we suggest." Ben sang as I finally saw Carlos and the others. They all waved and smiled at me, but Carlos had the biggest smile out of all of them.

"Be our guest, Be our guest, Be our guest-----------! Be our guest-----------! BE OUR GUEST!" we all sang to a conclusion as we got applause and cheers from the whole crowd. We all split up and went on about our business.

I ran up to Carlos and saw him and Jay, being the dorks they are, literally licking and drinking from the chocolate fountain! I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek as he complimented me on my singing talents.

"Hey, 'guess what time it is'?" I asked in a sing-songy tone, very excitedly.

"Uh, time to try a chocolate strawberry? Seriously, try one, they're super good!" he said putting one on a skewer in my face.

"No, but I'll eat it anyway." I said taking it and popping it into my mouth. "It's time for you to meet my parents!" I said as his face went pale.

"Um, I-I'm not sure I can do this." he said shaking. "I'm not ready for it." he said nervously. I simply took out my handkerchief and wiped the chocolate off of his face.

"There, now you're ready." I said smiling.

"But . . . But what if they don't like me?" he said, continuing with the excuses.

"Carlos," I said holding both of his hands. "They'll love you." I said comforting him as I started guiding him through the crowd.

Finally, I saw them. I ran up to them and gave them a big hug and a kiss. He tried to back away before I could grab his arm again.