CHAPTER 3

when i wake up i make myself some breakfast and get dressed, this is my normal routine. however when i open the door to go to work a gun being pointed at my face was not what i was expecting. my good feeling about today vanishes.

"the famous beast or greed as you went by, you don't look like a beast to me." snorts the owner of the gun.

"well there goes my good morning. what do you want?" i ask him mockingly. looking up at his face i cant say i know him but he does look familiar. but i do know this man is either a fool or is just ignorant.

"you owe Garren quite a bit mister greed." says the man.

"oh. that's why you're here i thought it might be something important. " i say in mock relieve. "he will get his money when i get the money to pay him back."my tone becoming darker.

"i think you misunderstand. he wants your blood, not your money." the man says with just the hint of glee in his voice.

before he can pull the trigger i grab his wrist and break it with little effort. he yells in surprise and pain. then i kick him backwards so that he tumbles down the steps leading to my apartment door. he drops his gun on the way down. i close my door before heading on down to him, picking the gun up on the way. "what was that about me not being a beast?" i ask cruelly. i throw the gun to him, to his surprise. "tell Garren ill pay him back when it's convenient. got it?" i say with a stern voice. he manages to nod before getting up and running away. jeez i thought i was going to have a nice uneventful day to, there goes wishful thinking. though i guess that was kind of exhilarating. my life is kinda boring right now in a way. i continue my original plans for the day. heading to Susan's dinner i let myself daydream a bit. i arrive and get to work immediately. after an hour or two i thought i hear Stanford and Fiddleford arrive, and i thought it was my imagination until i heard my twins voice very clearly giving his order to Susan. after a few minutes Susan came back to the kitchen.

"Stanley hun, is that your brother?" asks Susan with interest.

"yes, and i don't want him to know i'm here Susan." i say deadpan.

"OK, sure thing. but why have you being here be a secret?" she asks me.

i had an appreciation for Susan's curiosity, but it was the thing that killed the cat. "all you need to know is that me and my brother have a bad history." i told her.

"i can respect that. but wouldn't it be better to talk with him than avoid him?" Susan asks.

"no. just tell me his order." i say all serious. after telling me ford and Fidds order she goes back out to take more orders. i get the food done as fast as possible. when the dinner closed i head out to my car to work on it till the full moon arrives.

when i get there it is a little too late to work on it so i decide to start heading into the woods early. the longer i walk the more i was starting to feel the first moon madness as i called it. many emotions began to trickle into my mind but i just keep walking. i start to feel a little sick noticing i was deep enough in the woods, i don't have to walk anymore so i stop. my watch starts blaring. the familiar pain that comes before the change makes itself noticeable. after a few moments everything goes dark.

Stanford

i don't know why i decide to take a midnight stroll through the woods but i think its a good idea. especially since it was a full moon you never know i might run into another paranormal discovery. i pull out my notebook keeping it at hand in case anything shows up. after an hour of nothing i have started to doubt anything interesting would happen. that's when it hit me. it was quiet. it was never quiet there was always something interesting going on. so the question was what had made all the animals go silent? i go looking for my answer.

in a clearing a see a creature i haven't seen yet. it is as tall and wide as a bus, long tail and arms, plus wolfish features, its eyes are nothing more than endless pools of yellow, and it has really dark gray matted fur. it almost looks like the fur is supposed to have markings but it was hard to so them if there any. immediately i begin to sketch it in the journal. taking notes on its height and what it is doing also the fact that the full moon might be affecting it somehow since i have never seen it before.

when i look up from righting in the journal it is gone. i blink then look around for it. suddenly there is a loud snap from behind me. i turn to see it almost directly behind me. it growls at me tail thrashing and its ears back. it takes a step towards me. immediately i feel my heart start racing faster. my urge to flee grows when it looks me in the eye and all i see is the urge to kill. i turn and flee. i can hear it thundering after me, chasing me. i am knocked over when it jumps on me. i struggle trying to escape. it brings its muzzle down near my face, for what i don't know. luckily i wont have to find out.

a deer walks into the clearing drawing its attention. the deer freezes then flees. the beast decides to chase after it instead of deal with me. which i am glad for but it makes me feel bad for the deer. quickly i get up and run back to my house before finishing writing in the journal. when i get back to my house the sun is starting to rise and Fiddleford is waiting for me worried for some reason.

he is worried because i had wondered off without him. i quickly tell him about this new creature i had encountered, which interests and terrifies him while making him angry with me at the same time. i show him the quick drawing i had done of it. i feel the sun starting to creep up and for some reason it felt like today was going to be a good day.

Stanley

when i wake up i am surrounded by deer parts, it is really gross. i get out of the clearing to find i'm almost right next to my car. i have a little bit of a headache so i jog back into town to my apartment. when i get there i start drawing images in my notebook. after an hour of this i stop and head to the dinner to start working.

the rest of my day was pretty uneventful. when i am heading back to my apartment for some reason something nags at me. i don't know what it is though. suddenly there is a sharp pain in the back of my head. everything goes black as i lose consciousness.