Tips on Getting Followers/Readers

The vast majority of Wattpad users are readers who don't vote or follow authors. However, there are users I've seen that gain over a thousand followers/readers within their first week, so it must be doable.

Like with the votes, you could always leave an author's note in your works asking viewers to give your account a follow. It would make more sense to leave this request at the very end of your works, asking people to follow if they enjoyed reading your stories.

You can also do "follow for follow", or stating in your bio or on your message board that you follow Wattpad users back.

Again, write about what you love, or what's on your mind. Of the millions of Wattpad users out there, I'm sure a few will love what you have to say and will follow you to hear more.

Also, I repeat: "RELEVANT TAGS!!" There are a lot of fangirls on this site who enjoy fanfiction.  Writing it will cause tons to flock in. Same with women and chicklit. Same with troubled teenagers and poetry. Write what you want and the crowd that likes it will come to you, bearing new friends to read your stories as well.

Be active and join into the Wattpad community! Make some friends and talk to new people. Soon enough, they will read your stories out of respect for you and put them on their reading lists, which all of their friends will see and possibly takes interest in.  And the cycle just keeps going!

Do not participate in bullying or harassment. This is public. Everyone who comes to your page can see everything you say on your public activities board. So grin and bear it! The internet is full of drama but sometimes you have to be the bigger person.

Along with the votes, do NOT make other Wattpad accounts to follow yourself. It's unappealing and unsatisfying. What's the point in putting so much effort into your works if the only person reading, voting for, and following you is yourself? Not fun or rewarding at all.