Austin let out a slight laugh, "I wouldn't class scribbling some notes on a piece of paper as tutoring."

"Well, without those notes you probably wouldn't still be on the football team!" I shot back looking at Austin who was facing me, none of us broke eye contact.

"Whatever you did, it helped! Your grade has been moved four levels up Austin." Miss McCarthy said smiling at Austin's progress.

"Are we done here?" Austin replied bored. Mrs McCarthy nodded, Austin stormed past me leaving me standing in the middle of the science room.

I could feel the anger building up inside me as I left the classroom. He's not acting like this all because of Jake, is he?

Stuck in my own thoughts, I was walking down the hallway when I bumped into someone.

"Watch where your go-Oh hey Bella." I lifted my head up to see Jake standing in front of me. After the argument with Austin yesterday, Jake and I never really had chance to speak since he was busy working.

"Hey Jake." I smiled.

"You're just the person I wanted to see." He said, I nodded for him to tell me why.

"How about I take you to nice restaurant tonight?" Was he asking me on a date? I was about to make up some lame excuse until I remembered about Austin and Sarah.

"I would love too! But how about we go the movies instead?" I suggested.

"Um sure. I heard this new Halloween movie came out today?" He agreed as we started to walk out of school.

"Perfect!"

"I don't know...It might be too scary for you." Jake teased.

"I could say the same to you." I joked.

Once we got outside I noticed Austin speaking with a tall blonde girl. Sarah.

I could see Austin staring at me, without thinking I gently grasped Jakes hand. Jakes eyes followed from our joint hands to my lips and he smiled.

Just when Jake started to lean in closer, I quickly pulled away before anything could happen. "I'll see you around 7?"

He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck "Yeah, ill pick you up around then."

I was about to walk away when Jake shouted me back, "Let's not mention this to Nathan?" I couldn't agree more. I was not up for dealing with my over protective brother.

I shot one more glance at Austin's direction to see him still staring at me.

Even I don't know what I'm up to.

***

"You sure you want to go on this date with Jake?" Mia asked.

"For the last time, yes." I huffed.

"Just checking."

Mia offered to walk me to the movies since Jake asked me to meet him there. He said he was running late and he didn't want to miss the beginning of the movie. Mia and I was almost there and she wouldn't stop asking me questions.

"Bella if this is about Austin-"

"It's got nothing to do with Austin!" I said cutting her off and she gave me a guilty look. "Sorry, I'm just a little on edge. How are things with you and Riley?" I asked hoping to change the subject.

"It's going great! I'm thinking about asking him to the Halloween ball." She answered excitingly.

As I was about to answer Mia, I heard Jake call my name, "Bella, over here!"