Gravity

Chapter 1: Return of the Tacer

                “Please, come in.” The Sociology teacher said. She had said that her name was Ms Canter or something like that. It was too troublesome to remember. I slowly strolled into the classroom and leaned on the front of the teacher’s desk. Crossing my arms over my chest, I put my head down and closed my eyes.

                “So as you can see, we have a new student joining us.” She said. “Could you please introduce yourself?” I sighed.

                “Do I have to?” I asked. I really, really hated troublesome things, and introducing myself just so happened to be one of them.

                “Yes. You do.” She said. I sighed again.

                “Fine.” I moved off the desk, uncrossing my arms and standing straight, and opened my eyes. “I’m Tacer Grant. 17 years old.”

                “OK, Tacer why don’t you tell us about yourself?” She asked.

                “What do you want me to say?” I said uninterested in the whole ordeal.

                “Tell us what you like to do, tell us about your personality, things like that.”

                “What I like to do…I like to do a lot of things. As for my personality…that’s for me to know-” That’s when I spotted her, Keira. My best friend since I was the age of five. I hadn’t seen her in seven years but, I could never forget how she looked. As I stared into her eyes, I felt my heart start to skip a beat. It’s unreal how she was able to make my heart skip then and now.

                Her jet black hair framed her face perfectly as the front was cut sharp and point while the back was kept short. Her skin was tanned, giving her a soft caramel glow, no doubt from hours on the Beverly Hills’ beaches. Her eyes are what drew me every time. They were a piercing emerald green. With one look, she could melt anyone. It was hard to say no to her when she used them full force on you.

                Without a word, I walked over to her, put my elbows on the desk, head in resting on my hand, and leaned forward, getting closer to her. I could smell her perfume. It was a subtle scent of cherry blossoms. Thought it was light, It held my senses captive. “And for you to find out.”

                “Do I know you?” she asked truly interested in my identity. I decided to play a little.

                “I don’t know…do you?” I asked.

                “That’s not a straight answer.” She shot at me.

                “Straight answers are boring” I said with a smirk.

                “Seriously… I feel like I know you. But I just can’t seem to put my finger on it.”

                “Huh. Well…maybe it’ll come to you. Maybe not…who knows…“ I paused. I decided to give her a vague hint. “Sunshine.” Sunshine. The nickname I gave to her the day of her ninth birthday. I didn’t know if it would trigger something but it felt nice to tease her a little. Without saying anything more, I walked to the only empty seat, which happened to be two seats behind Keira. I sat and listened to the teacher drone on and on about whatever the hell she was talking about. By the end of the class, I could tell that Keira had figured out who I was. As soon as the bell rung, I walked out of the classroom before she could see me. I then went behind a corner and waited for her to come out. When she did, she searched up and down the halls looking for me. When she wasn’t looking, I silently walked past her.