Chapter 4

After school, Amanda told me to meet her at her house; which is where I was heading.
When I got  to her house, I saw Amanda kissing someone on her front porch. I hid in the bushes next to her fence as she stopped kissing him. I felt my heart break and shatter into a million pieces. She was kissing Julian... I quickly got out my phone and wrote in a note what she did.

It didn't matter that I did, though.

It was going to be a moment I wouldn't forget anyway. I got up from my crouching position and walked the opposite way of her house, going to mine.

~

I fell back on my bed with a sigh.

What was I going to do? Betray Amanda and tell Angel she kissed Julian? No. I could never do that! But she did betray Angel and by not telling Angel I would be betraying her...

"Grr," I thought out loud, staring up at the ceiling.

I heard my phone go off, blasting Pierce The Veil on full volume. I took it out of my pocket and answered the call. "Yes?" I asked. "Iris! Thank god! I thought something had happened to you! Where are you?" Amanda's voice came in through the other end.

"I'm at home," I said.

"Why? You were suppose to be here an hour ago!" She yelled, making me roll my eyes. "Well you were also suppose to call me if I haven't showed up after three minutes!" And you weren't ever suppose to kiss Julian. "Sorry," She said, "I'm going to call Angel and make sure she can make it. I want you to come over. Now. Okay?"

I sighed.

"Fine. I'll be over in ten," I said, hanging up before she could make me come earlier. What am I going to do? Guilt will eat me from the inside-out if I don't tell Angel! But I can't betray Amanda... It's best if I act like I never saw anything.

Or maybe I'll just be making another mistake.