Old friends and the full moon

Start from the beginning

"-his finger!" Black finished, "coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead then turned into a rat!"

, "as far as everyone knew James and Lilly made Sirius their secret keeper. That's why when Voldemort killed your parents it was assumed Sirius must have betrayed them, killing Peter when he tried to warn them."

"Show me," Harry responded. His tone said he wanted to believe them but his eyes showed his hesitation.

Sirius stepped forward taking Ron's rat from him, the two men pointed their wands at the rat and moments later there stood the ugliest man Caelen had ever seen. His fingers, unlike the rest of him, were bony and shriveled. His eyes beady black dots in his scull framing a pointed nose and jagged teeth, all in all he looked nearly as much a rat in his human form and his animagus as far as the girl could tell.

"My friends," the rat man greeted as if he hadn't been accused of betrayal moments before. He struggled to escape, "oh Harry look at you, you look so much like your father like James.we were the bet of friends-"

"How dare you speak to him!!" Sirius shouted angrily. Caelen flinched tucking her head into her father's shoulder nervously. "How dare you mention James in front of him!" He continued chasing the rat man angrily around the room.

Remus pointed his wand dangerously at the little man, "you sold James and Lilly to Voldemort didn't you?!" He snapped. He hated that Caelen was present for this the small girl whimpered and flinched at every cross word, every shout.

Peter whimpered pathetically, "the dark lord you have no idea the weapons he possesses, ask yourself Sirius what would you have done?"

Sirius snapped his eyes flashed crazily and his wand shook from agitation and overall exhaustion, "I would have died rather than give up my friends as you should have!"

Peter rushed to Harry groveling at his feet, "your father wouldn't have wanted me dead he'd have shown me mercy!" He begged desperately as the other two men pulled him away.

"You should have realized Peter that if Voldemort didn't kill you that we would, together!" Sirius snapped aiming once more at his one time friend.

Caelen stood next to Hermione now, her father having passed the child to the older girl during the scuffle with Petigrew. She buried her face in the Gryffindors side not wanting to witness her father kill someone.

"No wait," Harry exclaimed suddenly taking everyone by surprise.

"He killed your parents Harry!" Sirius all but begged, "James and Lilly are dead because he betrayed them!!"

"I know, but I don't think my dad would have wanted his two best friends to become murderers," the boy reasoned slowly approaching the agitated trio, "we'll take him to the castle."

"Bless you boy bless you!" Peter simpered reaching towards the young Potter.

Harry jerked away, "get off! I said we'd take you to the castle after that the dementors can have you!"

Ropes flew from wands winding their way around the ugly man securely. Remus walked slowly back to his shivering child, "there now cub it's alright now," he whispered pulling her off Hermione and into his own arms.

The small Lupin didn't respond other than to wrap her arms tightly around her father burying her face in his neck.

"Well look at you Remus, a father," sirius began attempting to get a look at the small child. "I must say she was much more talkative in the castle."