1. Not A Normal Night At the Club

The strobe lights are drowning out my stress. I head to the extravagant bar to get a shot of whiskey. Tonight isn't the night for fruity, girly drinks.

I walk over to the bar and order. The bartender gives me a questioning look and soon goes to fetch my drink. I look to see a mirror on the other wall behind the bar.

My reflection scream that I didn't fit in here. My hair is natural and I have no make-up on. I couldn't say my clothes made up for it. I'm wearing skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a shirt that says "I've got a long distance relationship with my fridge." Which wasn't the best way to blend in this club since all the girls are wearing slutty cocktail dresses.

The bartender comes back with a shot glass and a good bottle of whiskey. He pours me a shot and hands it to me, without hesitation, I down it. I hand it back asking for another.

In a deep baritone voice he asked" Ma'am do you have a ride home?"

I mentally roll my eyes. 'Like I would get drunk off a couple of shots of whiskey. I'm not a newbie when it comes to drinking.' I soon reply to him "Yes I do, but thanks for being concerned."

After about two more shots I tell him I'm done for the night and he smiles while walking away.

I turn around to look at the crowd. The music is amazing, I could feel the bass vibrations. This isn't a place I'd normally be. I would be at my apartment curled up in my favorite chair with a book. Plus my music blaring loud. Well, until my neighbors tell me to turn it down.

Yet, I'm here, everything has just been off today. I roll my shoulders as I stand up. I breathe out slowly and put all my troubles in the back of my head.

I begin to move my self to the dance floor. Everyone's dancing on everyone. I try to stay on the outer area of the floor.

I begin to dance and let my self go. Letting the music be the puppeteer and I, the puppet. It felt nice. Suddenly, the music switches to a more of a tango remix. I look around to see a lot of confused people.

Luckily, I took classes for tango as a little kid. I begin to dance trying to do some moves with out a partner. This wasn't going to last long. I needed a partner.

Abruptly a man grabs my hips and begins to swing me. We begin to dance. We did a lot of fancy moves and spins. I laugh as the song ends. People begin to erupt into applause. I smile and we bow.

I begin to walk away when mystery man grabs my wrist. I turn and for the first time I get a good look at him. He was a handsome Italian. But, he has a look in his eyes that said he isn't interested in what most men here were.

He finally spoke "May we speak over there?" He points over to a barely lit booth far in the corner.

'WTF!' That's all that ran through my head. I touch my back pocket that had my pocket knife in it.

I firmly said"Why and what do you want?"

He looks at me with a pleading look. "Please it's important."

I sigh and follow him grasping my pocket knife. We sit down and I look directly at him.

He coughs and said" I'm Javier Mata, private investigator. I'm here on the behalf of your deceased grandmother, Mallory DéMor."

I give him a puzzled look. I didn't talk to her even when she was alive, well actually anyone in my family aside from my mother and nowadays that's just occasionally.

"Why, that old hag never spoke to me once in my life. She avoided my mother and me like the plague." I reply.

He coughs then starts to inform me. "Your grandmother actually kept up with you your entire life till the day she pasted. She hired people to tell her what you had been doing."

Chills went down my spine, well at least I know I'm not crazy as I assumed. I knew some moments people were watching me.

"Why are you here now, what is the message you are to deliver on the behalf of the old hag?" I question.

He shuffles and grabs a piece of paper out of his jacket along with a pair of glasses.

"This is Mallory DéMor's will. It says 'I, Mallory Scarlett DéMor, give my wealth to my granddaughter, Andrea Raevonna DéMor. I ask that she attend Richmond Night Academy in order to get her wealth. She will be given her wealth after she graduates. If she agrees she may have an advancement of 500,000. Take care.'"

I sit silently thinking about what just happen. I got money from that old hag. I shake my head and look into Javier's eyes.

"Where is this so called academy?" I ask putting quote gestures on academy.

"The school is located in Washington. Before you ask I mean the state." Javier replies.

"Why is this so important to go to the school?"

"Your grandmother went to this school, and I actually did too." He replies.

"Okay and will I have a dorm?"

"Actually, yes you will have your own dorm this is a private school. Only selected people get in. You'll understand why later." He says.

"So what you're saying is if I go and graduate then I get moolah?"

"In other terms yes that's would be correct." He said.

"Crap what would my mom say she wouldn't do this for my grandmother, well I'll figure it out." I said to him.

Javier looks me in the eyes and said" Well you have until Monday to figure out. Here's my number and here's something your grandmother told me to give you after she pasted."

I look at the card and I look at the package.

"Well thanks tha-"I look up to see no one.

I lean back and run my fingers through my hair. This wasn't going to be and easy choice. I slowly got up from my seat and started to walk to the exit. My truck was just outside around the corner.

I unlock my old rusty gray truck and get in. I throw the package and card in the seat beside me. I sign as I grip the steering wheel and lean my head on it.

Maybe mom will let us move across country. Ugh, who am I kidding. I put the gear in drive. I can tell this isn't going to be a smooth week.