Part 1: The First Day

"I hate this damned thing" I say as I nervously shuffle down the hall to the throne room. The silky jester's outfit is comfortable, but embarrassingly skintight. It would have shown off all of me in a flattering manner, were I a woman. But that is not the case, for my body, although feminine, was male. I believe the maidens, which I had to pass by, were of like mind due to their puzzled looks and hushed chuckling. Alas, my attire isn't my only concern. Another is my first meeting with the King. His advisor, Laric, had warned me that he is willing to accept a jester, though reluctantly. As I approached the throne room door I began to hear a heated debate, so I tried to listen. "Sire, I am just worried about your well-being; surely a jester will lighten the load upon your mind," said Laric in a meek tone. "And what load is upon my mind; is it the state of the kingdom, or maybe my participation in every war we must wage, OR MAYBE THE ABSENCE OF AN HEIR TO MY THRONE?!" The loud cracking of stone startles me and I must stifle a cry of surprise. "Sire, please do not break your throne." I hear the growling of a mad animal from within the room and then silence. "I... I just.... where is your damn jester Laric," the king says. "Well my king, he was said to have been here by noon, and I would assume-" I knock on the throne room door. "Ahh there he is; GAURDS, OPEN THE DOORS." I walk in shyly and bow before my king, Gaalees Verkus. As I rise from my bow I see the king staring at me in a very perplexed manner. "Who.... Who gave him that outfit." Laric said, "I sincerely have no idea, I will make him change immediately." The king waved him away,"No it is fine; jester what is your name?" he said as he regarded me curiously.
"Roshtur Saren, my king."