Transformation

The shopkeeper lowered her into his arms as she fell into a deep state of hypnosis by his doing, as he pondered what he was going to do with her.

He carried Laini into the back room, leaving the shop attended to by his assistant.

"Now, when you wake up, you will have no memory of who you are or where you are, but when I say the word 'sleep,' you will return to this state. And, awaken." The man chuckled maniacally to himself, feeling accomplished with his new prize.

Laini woke up, and just as the man had said, she was completely unaware of what was happening. She spun her head around, and as she noticed the man, she scuttled back until she pressed herself against a wall, and said, "Who are you?"

"Sleep." The man said, and Laini instantly slumped down, prone to suggestion once again. "Now, when you wake, you will become a kitten, and be unable to do anything that a kitten wouldn't do. You will only talk in meows, and can only crawl. Now, awaken."

For the second time, Laini awoke, this time as a full-fledged cat. The man moved closer to her, and reached out his arm to scratch her ear. In response, she let out a deep, "Purrr," and the man was satisfied beyond imagination. His new toy was ready.