As the larger wolf nudged her over once more the small cub lay panting between his paws her pale belly heaving in her excitement. 'Do you, do you love me?' Her little voice questioned hesitantly.

Moony eyed his cub large wolfish eyes meeting their smaller copies solemnly, 'yes cub, so very much.' He promised her.

Caelen yawned her long tongue curling out of her mouth adorably, 'I love you too, more than anything ever,' her voice whispered in his mind as she cuddled into his soft fur.

'Goodnight cub,' Remus murmured placing his head over her tiny body protectively.

Sometime the next morning Caelen awoke once again in her human form. She found herself cuddled under a blanket against her father's side his arm wrapped snugly around her. The little girl stretched tiredly before slipping under Remus' arm and hurrying to her trunk to dress for the morning.

Remus grunted when a weight bounced on his stomach waking him with a jolt. "Morning little one," he groaned.

"Are you up?" The girl asked placing her forehead up against his.

Remus smiled despite the rough awakening, "I'm up, did you sleep well?"

"Yes, but I'm hungry can we go get something to eat?" The girl questioned rubbing her tiny belly dramatically.

"Alright let me get ready and we'll go," he responded wrapping the blanket around him as he headed for his room to change.

They had just entered the great hall when the headmaster appeared seemingly from nowhere, "Remus might I have a word?"

"Certainly headmaster," Lupin responded, "go on and sit down I'll be along shortly ok cub? Don't go anywhere promise?"

Caelen nodded and made her way to her usual seat next to the potions professor, "good morning Professor Snape!" She greeted cheerfully.

Over the past several weeks Severus had come to expect her greeting and found it increasingly difficult not to smile at the little child. "Morning Caelen," he muttered in his quiet tone.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked struggling to reach the bowl containing scrambled eggs.

Snape sighed before reaching to help the child fill her plate, he carefully filled her cup with pumpkin juice placing it in front of her plate, "fine yes, and you, nothing kept you awake during the night?" He questioned wondering if Remus had kept the child with him during his transformation. He supposed with the wolfsbane potion he had provided him it was possible but the potions master believed even so it would be irresponsible. He eyed the child curiously, unless of course she had inherited his lycanthropy. "Did your father have an easy night?" He questioned hoping to gain information from the young child.

Caelen eyed him suspiciously after her years with her mother she knew being a werewolf was not something you shared with everyone and even she could feel the tension between her father and professor Snape. "Fine I'm sure," she mumbled hoping that was a safe response.

The girl breathed a sigh of relief when her father appeared patting her knee lightly, "did you serve yourself little one?" He questioned surprised to find her eating already.

"Professor Snape helped me," Caelen responded smiling up at her father and then the potions professor.

"Really?" Remus replied in surprise, "thank you Severus!"

"Well I could hardly eat while she struggled to reach the eggs now could I?" The potions master snapped with a glare at his former classmate attempting to brush over the fact he had helped the child.