Chapter Eight: Demon's Head

Comincia dall'inizio

"[Y/N]." I stood up and turned to see Lord Sesshomaru. "Yes?" I asked.

"Jaken and I are going to leave you here for a bit. I am going to take this demon's head to a sword smith to forge a weapon from it. You may remain here with Ah-Un. Light the fire if it gets dark, and make yourself something to eat. I expect that we will return by sunset."

"Okay, Lord Sesshomaru! I'll make sure to keep everything in order." He nodded down at me and then turned away.

"I will see you again this evening,
[Y/N]."

"See you then, milord! Goodbye, Master Jaken!" I waved after the two of them walked away into the forest.

---------------------I DEDICATE THIS TIME-SKIP TO MY BEAUTIFUL READERS------------------------

Sesshomaru's POV

Jaken and I arrived at the sword smith Kaijinbo's house a couple of hours later. It was a small, simple wooden shack at the edge of a thick swamp. We entered his home and I looked down at him. He was definitely demonic-looking in his human form, as well as looking like he lived like a hermit.

"Who are you?" he asked me. I did not respond to his question.

"You are Kaijinbo? Because you created too many deviant swords, you were banished by your master, Totosai."

"Totosai, huh? I haven't heard that name in a long time... still, it makes my blood boil." I dropped Goshinki's head in front of him.

"Well, Kaijinbo? Would you like to forge a sword out of this demon's fangs?"

"Don't joke!" he scoffed. "No way I can make a sword out of something that's dead!"

What an arrogant child, I thought. I unsheathed Tenseiga and felt it pulse in my grip. I can see the messengers of the netherworld. The last time I had to use my sword was when I brought
[Y/N] back to life... I wonder how she is doing. I swiped the blade over the demon head and the creatures were killed. The red eyes suddenly began to glow.

"Wow, this is completely different from earlier!" said Kaijinbo, amazed. He lent down and touched the head.

"Kaijinbo, let me tell you this: this sword, the Tenseiga, was forged by the very same master who banished you. The fangs of that demon broke the Tetsusaiga, another sword forged by Totosai."

"Amazing. These fangs will make a most powerful sword!" Kaijinbo said.

"Then it is decided." I turned to leave. "The sword will be completed in three days. Know that if it is not... I will have to kill you."

[Y/N]'s POV

The sun is going to set soon. It's a bit too light out to burn a fire, though... I stood up from my spot against Ah-Un's side and brushed grass off of my kimono. I had found something to eat for myself earlier, so I probably wouldn't need anything to eat for supper, unless I felt hungry later on.

I suddenly heard something lunge towards me from the air and I jumped, shrieking for a second as the thing landed right in front of me. I tripped and fell back down on my back into the grass.

It was...

"Oh." I breathed a sigh of relief and laughed at myself. "Lord Sesshomaru, you've returned!" I sat up a bit.

Lord Sesshomaru looked down at me curiously. "Did I scare you, [Y/N]?"

"Huh? Oh, no, milord, I guess... I don't know. Maybe I'm a little paranoid or something. I'm okay, though."

"Stand up, [Y/N]." I did. "You may do what you want for an hour or two. After that, I want to speak with you. Do not wander so far that I cannot find you easily."

"Of course, milord. I think I'll just take a walk around the outskirts of the forest, then." He nodded.

"Hello, Master Jaken! I'll see you in just a bit!" I moved towards the edge of the trees and looked back once at Lord Sesshomaru before walking deeper into the thick brush.

Sesshomaru's POV

As I watched [Y/N] go, I thought over what I would speak to her about. For starters, I wanted to know who the younger girl she kept with her, her friend, was to her. Was she family or someone closer to her than I thought?

Second, I wanted to ask her about her parents. Where were they and why didn't they help her? Could they be dead, and if so, why?

I know that I am being selfish, but in case something happens that is related to [Y/N], I want to be able to know what may have triggered whatever it could be.

"Um... Sesshomaru-sama, if you don't mind me asking, why exactly do you need to speak with [Y/N]?" Jaken asked nervously.

"I only want to know if she ever might need anything specific to suit her needs. If she is hurt and the reason is unusual, I want to know what possibly could have triggered her being hurt."

That is when I heard [Y/N]'s scream.

[Y/N]'s POV

"LET ME GO!!!" I pounded at the demon holding me in its grip with my fists, but it was to no avail. I screamed at the top of my lungs and kicked my legs as much as I could.

That's when I saw Lord Sesshomaru running towards me on the forest floor at demon speed. He used a blade to slash through the demon and I began to fall from the high spot the demon was holding me at, only to be caught by my lord before I could hit the ground. He landed on his feet and set me down.

"You're alright." It wasn't a question, but I nodded in response.

The demon's body was suddenly changing... Morphing into many, tiny little...

I froze.

No.

Thousands of poisonous insects appeared in place of the demon. Not just any poisonous insects: Naraku's poisonous insects. Naraku, the very same demon who killed my parents and tortured me had the nerve to come and try to grab me with his bugs.

"Naraku's poisonous insects," Lord Sesshomaru whispered. At that moment, every one of the swarm of insects left the forest and flew high into the clouds.

I dropped to my knees, memories flooding through me and my head beginning to ache. My heart was pounding in fear and tears threatened to escape my eyes.

"[Y/N]." I looked up shamefully at Lord Sesshomaru. "I see that you are not alright after all." He took my wrist and pulled me up. I tried to steady myself through my dizziness and began to walk back to our campsite with him.

"[Y/N]," he said. "We need to talk."