OneShot

||Naruto Uzumaki Fanfic||
ONESHOT

==========

It all just happened so sudden. The way his body abruptly just dropped on the ground without warning. His eyelids closed softly as if he was taking a nap, closing off his beautiful sapphire eyes. His silky blonde hair trashed against the wind and covered his eyes as he landed flat on the soft grass. He wasn't moving.

Nor breathing.

Sasuke, Kakashi and Sakura instantly paused on their running towards the enemy, turning their heads back to Naruto. Sakura shouted out Naruto's name as if he only tripped and she expected him to get up the next second and follow them. But nothing happened. Naruto's face was covered by his arms and he lay flat in his stomach.

No movements. His eyes didn't open. They couldn't tell if he was breathing.

Sasuke's eyes widened as he was the first to realise what that happened.

Kakashi quickly finished off the enemy's with his chidori, Sakura rapidly following behind, slamming him down to the ground, injuring the enemy badly before checking on what happened to Naruto. By the time they were finished, Sasuke was already kneeling down before Naruto, his eyes wide with his sharingan still in place.

And he was desperately calling out Naruto's name.

"Naruto! Oi- Pull yourself together!"

No movement. Nothing. An empty body left behind by once cheerful boy.

Sasuke- desperate to keep his best friend breathing quickly turned around the stationary body to lay Naruto on his body. Sasuke felt his own heart pound hard against his ribcage as if it was going to break through any moment. His breathing was off at the sickening thought that appeared in his head.

He quickly leaned down and closed his lips over Naruto's lips which were rapidly getting cold, not caring that the blonde would shout at him for kissing him again. His raven hair fell over his face, the tips of them touching Naruto's face.

Sasuke blew air into his mouth and only pulled back to get more air, instantly going back down to try and pump air into the unmoving body.

Deep inside, Sasuke already knew it was fatal. His best friend was gone.

But he was going to keep trying-! He never forgive himself if Naruto had died in front of him and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Naruto-kun!" A voice screamed in the background. Sakura and Kakashi had finally arrived to the place of both ninjas.

Sasuke didn't even knowledge their existence and kept blowing air into Naruto. He kept trying. Trying to keep his best friend alive. Yet every lost second was a lost of hope. Every lost second was one step closer to making Sasuke realise his best friend was dead. After minutes of desperately trying, Sasuke had finally come to that realisation.

Sakura was crying. Salty tears dripped down her eyes and rolled slowly on her cheeks to meet their end on the ground. She realised what happened sooner then both of the skilled ninjas. She knew it was going to happen.

Naruto had poured all his tears and emotions one night to her as he told her the truth. He wouldn't be able to last another month in this world. Kyuubi was slowly killing him. Killing him. He knew he couldn't fight it. He had tried for the past seventeen years.

Kakashi had his eyes closed as he silently mourned to himself. His heart clenched at the reminded thought of one of his students laying dead in front of him. He quickly wiped his eyes before he started to weep.

A few more minutes went by. Sasuke had already stopped trying to bring his best friend back. He was deathly silent. No movement. Naruto's head was on his lap, his lips slightly parted from Sasuke trying to push air into the body.

"S-Sasuke-kun...?" Sakura called out her teammates name when. She softly leaned down and placed her fingers on his chin, tilting his head up so he was staring at her. She bit back a scream.

Sasuke's eyes were lifeless as he held no emotion in them. A kunai was stabbed deep in his heart and blood was pouring down his self inflicted wound, drips of blood was on Naruto's cheeks that Sakura had failed to notice that it belonged to Sasuke. His mouth was closed. He wasn't breathing. He was dead.

Sauske couldn't live without his best friend.

Without Naruto, what was his purpose in the world?

==========
shit what's with me and sad stories these days T~T *silently cries in corner*