Beginning

It started off with a caramel latte with extra froth. Every weekend. The same cafe, Nistro. The same bistro table with two sets of chairs. The same view with pedestrians strolling up and down the road. That's where I like my weekends. My favourite. That's where I do my thinking and I was never bothered. Until he came along and ordered me another caramel latte with extra froth. His brown eyes were locked unto mine. His corner smile warmed my insides. He was so hard to read but I could tell that he wanted to approach me. Not because he send me a latte but.. Well mostly because he walked up to me and sat on my table. His posture was straight but relaxed. That told me he was a man that has a plan. His tone was smoky and modulated. That told me he remained in control but also very very attractive. Clean shaven, well build, able bodied man. I was intrigued. Introductions led to small talks, small talks to conversations. Conversations led to dinner dates. Dinner dates to weekends and now...
"Hey honey", a voice pulls me out of my memories.
"Sorry I'm late. Couldn't get out of work so easily." He plants a kiss on my cheek and sits himself down.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Is everything ok?"
"Yeah it's fine. It's nothing to worry about. I'm starving. Let's eat."
I examine him as much as I can but his expression was in the moment. Nothing to tell me otherwise or any clues of what he's just been doing.
He orders his meal and asks for mine. As the waiter leaves, he takes a sip of my latte and leans over.
"So how's my sexy psychiatrists' day been?"
"It was rough. This new guy that I'm working with is a really hard one. He's so angry and he attacks when he gets approached. We had to restrain him. It was terrifying."
"But you made it out alive."
I giggled. He smiled happily with his accomplishment. I leant towards him and we shared a passionate kiss.
After our meal we drove around the lake. He was extremely quiet and distracted but he never made a wrong turn or a wrong gear. I turn to read his face but he could tell what I was doing. His expression changed, his eyebrows relaxed and his eyes roamed the site. He conflicted with my thinking juices. Three times. I had enough. I'm just coming out with it.
"What's wrong Jack? What's on your mind? Tell me."
"Sweetie I told you before. If I had anything on my mind, I'd share it with you, didn't I?"
"But.."
"Leanne, didn't I?" He slows the car down as he looks at me. His expression dead. I drop my head in defeat. I let out a sigh.
"Yes you did."
"Good." His voice turned fruity.
"Now let's enjoy what Mother Nature made for us here before I drop you off home."
"Drop me off?" I ask.
"Are you not staying tonight? You always stay for the weekend."
" I know I know. I'm needed back at work tonight. We have a few things to go through before next week."
" Like what?" I ask. Full of curiosity. Knowing that he's not going to fulfil.
"Just paperwork." He says and carries on the journey.
"I'll be back before dawn. I promise."
He lays a hand on my knee and smiles before facing forwards again.
I'm not buying it.