Chapter 12: On Bended Knee Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Told you."

She flipped me off and soon caught up with me.

"You the first female I've seen, besides my sister, with gorgeous feet."

"So Jelena has ugly feet." She looked up at me.

I took a deep breath. "I don't even know what that's supposed to mean Alexsa."

"I mean you've had to have seen her feet when you were making her toes curl." She laughed a bitter laugh.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Ignoring her comment, i continued walking.

"I'm sorry sir, but this side of the island is reserved." An old White man approached me as Alexsa stood next to me.

"I made the reservation. Oubre." I handed him my ID.

"Forgive me. Right this way sir." He smiled.

"Probably didn't expect a Black man to be able to pay for all of this." I mumbled.

Alexsa hit my chest, trying to fight her smile.

"Your server will be right with you." He smiled once more and left.

I pulled Alexsa's chair out and she sat. "Thank you"

"No problem." I seated across from her.

"This is nice." She looked around.

{In MM}

"I tried. It was a little last minute."

"How much did it cost you, Kelly?" She rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't matter."

"Kelly in less than 5 hours, you set up a candle lit dinner on an island, which part of it you reserved for just the two of us. It does matter."

I shrugged. "I'm willing to do it if it means you'll come back home."

She looked at me, then laughed. "That was cute. I'm not going "home" anytime soon. We're not even together and it's gonna stay that way for a long while."

I rubbed my hand across my face and sighed. Before I could respond, a young hispanic waitress approached us.

"Hi, my name is Anaillise, i will be your server for the night. Can i start you off with something to drink?" She asked.

"Can i have a glass of Glen Ellen Merlot on rocks." Alexsa asked.

"Same as her."

"Alright ill be out with your drinks and some breadsticks shortly."
She smiled and walked away.

I stared at Alexsa as she looked at the water. I sighed running my hands through my hair. I don't know why I messed up what we had. This woman is absolutely gorgeous. She has her flaws and emotional scars, but the good outweighed the bad so much more. I'd do anything to have her back.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked.

"Because you're beautiful and I miss you. I used to see you on a daily, now I only see you at work and every time you look in my direction it's a mug or you roll your eyes." I grabbed her hands and laced our fingers together.

The waitress came with our drinks and bread. "Are you ready to order?"

"I'll have the Cajun Tilapia Pasta." Alexsa let go of my hand and gave her the menu.

"And i'll have the Blackened Shrimp Linguine."

"Okay, I'll be back with your food shortly" Anaillise smiled and walked away, both menus in hand.