The Beginning Of The End

" Well Sarah would you like me to explain or would you rather me explain it I'll leave it to you to choose."

" I'll tell her." I said while gritting my teeth.

" Sarah what's he talking about?"

"Scarlet... I'm sorry. I didn't want you to find out like this but... I'm pregnant." Right after I said it I put my head down.

" Why did you wait so long to tell me?"

" I'm sorry I just didn't know how to tell you." I said with my head still lowered.

" So were you ever going to tell me? Or were you just going to wait until I noticed and said something about it?!" I had to get out of there and fast because one Brad, and two my emotions are about to rise over the limit and I think I'm about to blow up in Scarlet's face and then she'll be even more upset with me. So I grab Scarlet's hand even though she tries to get me to let go. I get frustrated with her trying to get away from me so I pick her up and run. I hear a gunshot and I can't believe he would do that. I mean he is a psychopath but he wouldn't shoot and risk his baby being killed would he?

     " Scarlet are you okay? Did you get hurt!?"

     " I'm fine accept for the fact that you won't put me down!!" She said while squirming like she was about to be murdered. Then I felt  excruciating pain on my side and placed my hand over the wound to stop the blood. I winced in pain and Scarlet saw the look of pain on my face I could tell because she went from frusterated to worried in the blink of an eye.

     " Sarah what's wrong!?!

" I'm fine I just got shot...

" OH MY GOD! Is the baby okay?!?

" The baby is fine. I'm fine too thanks for asking. I said with sarcasm. I got myself patched up and we went to the hospital Scarlet's choice not mine. We rented a car because the hospital was very far away and we couldn't walk there.

     We walked into the hospital and the receptionist stood up with a very worried look on her face.

" Miss are you okay?"