Dearly Loved

Hermione Granger, now Hermione Malfoy (you have no idea how much she hates that name!), stood staring fondly at her youngest daughter as she slept. The little girl looked so peaceful as she slept, so angelic, so beautiful. When she was born 3 years ago, Draco and Hermione decided to name her Kalila, meaning dearly loved, which she was most certainly was. Not only by her parents but also her step siblings, Hugo, Scorpius and Rose.

Kalila had inherited her father's blonde hair and grey eyes, but she had definitely inherited her Hermione's cleverness. Already the 3 year old had figured out how to open doors, turn on the telly, do certain disastrous spells with wands that she shouldn't have and cause various other forms of havoc. In fact moments before Hermione had been able to get her energetic daughter into her crib, she had been chasing Kalila around the house, trying to get her off the miniature broomstick that her Uncle George had gotten her for her third birthday, much to the frustration of her parents.

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway, pulled Hermione out of reverie. She glanced at the clock on the wall beside the crib, noticing that her husband had returned from work early as it was only half past five. She quickly tiptoed out of the room and rushed down the stairs to greet Draco. It still surprised her how happy she felt when she saw him even after 4 years of marriage, how much love she had for the slytherin and how her heart still soared with pride to be able to call herself his wife.

The front door opened, and Draco Malfoy stepped through the threshold. Before he even had a chance to call out Hermione launched herself into his arms and placed a kiss on his lips. He laughed and pulled her close to his chest, still so surprised that Hermione loved him, loved him!!!

"How was work?" she asked turning her face away from his chest so that she could look into his grey eyes

"Alright," Draco said noncommittedly "you know I don't even have to work with the ministry we have enough money to live comfortably..."

He smiled down at her already knowing what her answer was going to be, as they had this conversation so many times. "Draco honey, I love you, I really do, but I'm pretty sure you would drive me crazy if you were around all day every day!" she said honesty, but with a cheeky glint in her eyes. Then he spun her around abruptly, pining her against the closed door.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing, husband" Hermione asked, her eyebrows raised

"I think I'm giving my wife a kiss!" her husband whispered huskily against her lips. Before he could kiss her deeper, they both heard a quiet call from upstairs.

"Mummy?" "Daddy?"

"Dang, I only just put her down" Hermione sighed

"It's alright, I'll go and get her," Draco said calmly, and gave Hermione a quick kiss before walking up the stairs. Hermione walked into the kitchen and did a few household spells to make knives fly from a drawer and begin chopping up vegetables for dinner. Moments later, she heard loud, excited giggles coming down the staircase. She looked from the pot she was mundanely stirring, and saw her husband carrying Kalila on his shoulders

"Mummy, "Kalila giggled "look how high I am!!"

"Wow!!" Hermione said, pretending to be excited for her daughter "Daddy had better be careful!" she said, giving Draco a pointed look, in response Draco merely laughed. After Draco had finished galloping around the lounge room making Kalila scream out with glee, he set her down on the ground and started playing their favourite game called Potter and Voldy, which mainly consisted on Draco chasing Kalila around the room (the game greatly amused Hermione). Over din made by her husband and her little girl, Hermione heard, her now 18 year old daughter, Rose and her boyfriend pull in speedily enter the driveway in the car that her parents had bought her on her 16th birthday, and open the front door with a bang.

"Rose, what have I told you about driving that darn car so fast?!" Hermione demanded impatiently

"I'm sorry, Mum," Rose said smirking, her green eyes sparkling with mischief. Her mother sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing with her, she may have inherited her mother's brains but also her uncle's sense of mischief. IN fact, while she had been completing her education at Hogwarts, she had several letter from Minerva informing her that her daughter had grown a swamp in the Quidditch pitch, added an extra nose to the face of a student who she had found particularly irritating. In response Rose had received quite a few howlers from Hermione.

"Rosie!!!" Kalila screeched, seeing her older sister talking with her mother

"Hello Sweetie!" Rose said, walking into the lounge room and sweeping Kalila into a huge bear hug "did you have fun with Mummy today?"

"Yes, we did drawings!" Kalila said happily, already moving her chubby legs as fast as she possibly could to show Rosie the drawing she had done earlier that day. For the next five minutes the two girls sat together on the couch examining the painting with red, purple, yellow and blue blobs that were apparently Kalila, Hermione and the dog that the Malfoy family apparently had.

Once the family had dinner, where they talked about how quiet the house was without the Hugo and Scorpius and Rose's new job in the department for the regulation and control of magical creatures, Kalila had been put to bed and Rose had left for her apartment in London, Draco and Hermione were finally alone.

Draco sat on the couch, in front of the fire, with Hermione's head on his lap. Draco sat staring into the dancing flames and Hermione read a novel that she hadn't been able to touch all day so that Kalila couldn't perform am act of mischief when she wasn't looking. After half an hour Draco stood and held out his hand for Hermione.

"But I haven't finished the-" Hermione said disappointedly

"You can finish it later," Draco interrupted "but right now I need to hold my wife."

"Well if you put it like that," she said rising to her feet. Without further ado she rised onto her tiptoes and rained delicate kisses over her husband's face and neck. Draco groaned huskily and grabbed Hermione's face and crashed his lips onto hers. Their lips moved in perfect usion and their hands went to the places that they knew made the other's heart beat faster. Hermione wrenched off his jacket that he still hadn't taken off from his day at work and his hands began to work on the buttons on her blouse. Before it could go further Hermione wrenched her lips from his and uttered one single word.

"Kalila..."

Draco nodded, understanding instantly, grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her upstairs to their bedroom.