Chapter 4

I have never seen eyes quite so green, the color of spring. They were eyes you get lost in like an evergreen forest.

"Can I help you?" The emerald-eyed girl asked, thus making me realize what was going on.

Quickly, I refocused, and stopped creepily staring into her eyes, "Oh no, I am just here to see Harry, I am a good friend of his." I added a smile to seem friendlier.

"In that case, come in! The boys are all in the living room. I love your shirt by the way, and I'm Rachel." Her voice was a bit scratchy in the right way, giving off an aura of attitude, but she was too kind to be a threat.

"Thanks, and nice to meet you, I'm Claire. Sorry for staring at you by the door," I said as we began making our way to the ever-familiar family room. "It's just that I have never seen eyes that color before." I suddenly realized how creepy that sounded and my cheeks started to heat up.

"Don't worry about it, I get that a lot, so thank you as well." She replied with a perfect smile. Her teeth were so white they could have been in a dental commercial or something.

The first person I saw when I walked into the room was Harry. He had not changed very much, except he looked more mature. On his bicep I saw the hint of a tattoo. I never expected Harry to be a tattoo kind of guy. He was sprawled out on the couch with his cellphone in hand, which meant he obviously got all my texts and calls. I observed the other boys too. They all seemed nice enough, but I was glad they were only visiting for a day, because what I really wanted was to spend time with Harry.

After taking a deep breath, I walked over to Harry and stood above him. It took him 12 seconds (I was counting) to finally notice someone was standing there. His eyes met mine and it did not feel right. I felt wrong, like I walked in on him hooking up with a hot girl, I could sense the annoyance in his eyes.

Harry just kept staring at me, and I started to get uncomfortable, so I broke the silence, "So are you going to introduce me to your new band friends?"

He looked at me and squinted his eyes. Barely looking up, he muttered, "Oh, yes, right. That's Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Niall," while pointing each one out to me. It wasn't like I didn't already know them... I had only watched every single episode. But Harry didn't seem to realize that. I waved to each of them and introduced myself, because Harry rudely did not.

The guys and I got along well, because they were all very funny and well mannered for teenage boys. Especially Zayn, he was quite fine in person I must say.

After we were talking for a few minutes, a girl walked in with a few bowls of popcorn. And Harry smiled at her, and then looked to me, "This is my very close friend, Cara," he laughed as he pinched her butt. She giggled and sat right on his lap after putting in a movie and dimming the lights. I suddenly recognized Cara as the girl Harry has been with on many magazine covers. They are most definitely hooking up. In all the years I have known Harry, he was always in a relationship before he did anything with a girl.

It was then that I realized a few things. One, I was still standing, and all of the couch seats were taken. Two, my best friend is being a total dick and I truly do not know him as well as I thought I did. And finally, three, I did not want to be here. With those three things in my mind, I announced my departure, "I am going home now. Nice meeting you all." As I started walking, they all bid me goodbye and Rachel and Liam stood up to offer me hugs, which I gladly accepted. When I reached the door and walked out, no one came after me.