Divergent Part 1

Clara sat curled up on the console room jumpseat, her nose buried in a book. Nearby the Doctor was working on the console, flicking levers and pushing buttons. After a while he walked over and sat next to Clara.

"What're you reading?" He asked curiously. She looked up and smiled at his interest.

"It's called Divergent, it's about a future Chicago, USA that has five factions based on natural talents," she said smiling proudly. The Doctor snatched the book and read the back.

"Very interesting," he said as Clara took the book from him. Setting it down on the console she soon headed off to bed.

*Next Day*

Clara woke up to find The Doctor staring her in the face. His emerald eyes peirced her's.

"Can I help you?" Asked Clara, slightly annoyed about the Doctor being right in her face when they woke up.

"The TARDIS has picked out a special place, and we are already there," he said as she stood up. Clara walked to the closet as the Doctor sat on her bed. He messed with his fingers as he was deep in thought.

Did he like Clara?

Of course he did, only as a friend though.

Maybe more than a friend.

How silly, a 1200 year old Time Lord falling for a 26 year old human.

Soon Clara emerged from the closet, hair and make up perfect.

"Let's go!" She exclaimed and he smiled kissing her forehead.

"ALLONS-Y! Been a while since I said that," he said running to the console room.

Emerging from the TARDIS they were amazed to find themselves in a town square with many people wearing different colors. Some wore blue, white, black, yellow/red, or gray. Clara stopped a teenage girl wearing gray and her hair perfectly placed in a bun.

"Excuse me, where are we?" She asked and the girl laughed.

"We're in Chicago silly! Today's the Choosing Ceremony," said The Girl.

"Well could we walk with you?" Asked The Doctor. The girl nodded and we began to walk through the crowds of people.

"I'm Beatrice from Abnegation, what faction are you from?" Asked Beatrice. Clara literally almost freaked.

Beatrice? Abnegation? One colored clothes!?

THEY WERE IN DIVERGENT!

"Um my faction," said the Doctor not knowing what that was, Clara butted in.

"I'm Clara, I am Dauntless but transferred from Amity, and this is The Doctor, he's also Dauntless but transferred from Erudite," said Clara and The Doctor looked confused.

"Oh cool! I don't know what to choose, my test said," she paused for a moment," Abnegation, but I'm not sure if I want to stay," she said honestly. Clara smiled.

"Trust your heart, but I think you'd be great in Dauntless," said Clara. Beatrice nodded and they entered what looked like an auditorium.

"Well there's my family, I'll maybe see you around," said Beatrice before leaving. Clara pulled the Doctor outside, it was almost completely empty from everyone being at the choosing ceremony.

"Doctor do you know where we are!?" Hissed Clara.

"You seem like you do," he said and Clara began to jump up and down.

"We're in my book! Divergent! I left the book on the console and you surely didn't pick this out!" She exclaimed

"Oh..um," said the Doctor speechless.

"Can we stay please, well until the war," said Clara whispering war to him. Standing there for a minute thinking about it the Doctor nodded his head in agreement. Squealing Clara pulled him into the building.

"Follow me, then tonight I'll let you read the book," she said as they sat down in Dauntless section.

As they sat there The Doctor was bored as Clara was jumping out of her seat. The Doctor liked seeing Clara this way. He liked when she was happy.

Clara slapped him when they called Caleb Prior. He watched as the young boy went up and cut his wrist letting his blood drip  into the water. He heard gasps from the people in grey. He wondered what was so bad about that.

"Beatrice Prior!" Yelled the man.

The girl from earlier walked up taking the knife and hesitating before slitting her wrist and letting the blood drip into the bowl of coals. Cheers erupted from the section they were in. Beside him Clara was going crazy. He laughed and clapped also.

Later everyone ran out of the building and Clara led him back to the TARDIS. Pulling him to the wardrobe she pulled out black skinny jeans and a tight black t-shirt, and for herself she got black leggings and a black tank.

"What are these for?" He asked Clara as she shoved the clothes in his arms.

"You need to blend in, the Dauntless might hurt you if you don't look the part she said pulling off her top to reveal her sports bra. She looked up at him staring at her chest. Blushing she laughed.

"Eyes front soldier!" She exclaimed and he blushed crimson red. Pushing him out of the room he sighed.

How could he have been so stupid. She probably didn't like that.

Clara smiled to herself. She knew how he'd react if she removed her top, good thing she wore a sports bra.