Five

*4 months later* *excuse time skip*

I was standing with James outside our house, looking in confusion at our parents. It was our 16th birthday, and all I had wanted to do was call Jace. But instead, mom and dad had dragged us outside, in the freezing November weather, grinning at us manically. Finally, James spoke up throught the chatter of his teeth.

"What are we doing out here?" He asked harshly, rubbing his hands up and down his arms to try and warm himself. "We wanted to show you your birthday presents!" My mom squealed with glee, and the garage door opened, and out rolled two brand new cars. A blue Jeep, James', and a white Hyundai Sonata, mine. We gaped and looked at our parents. They were holding out small boxes, wrapped in birthday paper.

"Here you go." We unwrapped the paper snd opened the boxes. There sat our car keys, and... Maps?

"What are these for?" I asked. "We know you two have places to be, people to meet," My mom winked at me, and I blushed. "So we thought we'd give you a map of places to go. Here's step one." My dad finished. They were giving me a map to meet Jace in L.A. I looked over at James.

"That audition in New Orleans?" He asked in disbelief, and they nodded. We squealed and hugged our parents.

"Thank you!" I hugged. "When can we leave?" I asked. "Now! Bruce packed your things, he knows you two very well, everything is packed in the car." My mom beamed. "Remember, this is only step one." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Get going!" We kissed goodbye, and went to our cars. I looked at James.

"Why do I get the feeling this is going to be the last time I see you for awhile?" I muttered sadly. He walked around and hugged me, and I squeezed him tightly.

"Happy birthday big brother." I whispered, getting into my car. "Call me when you get there." I nodded and waited for him to leave first. I went on my phone and plugged it into the auxilary, and played my 'roadtrip' playlist. The first song to play was Night Moves by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band. I sang along as I drove, passing houses I was familiar with, and soon, houses I had never seen before.

I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly reknown
She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes. And points all her own sitting way up high. Way up firm and high.

I was now past houses and buisnesses and malls, and now I was in the country land, farms everywhere, nobody to comfort me except the cows and horses behind bars.

Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy
Workin' on mysteries without any clues
Workin' on our night moves
Tryin' to make some front page drive-in news
Workin' on our night moves
In the summertime
In the sweet summertime

Now I was in Alabama, farmlands still continuing, but a few buildings here and there.

We weren't in love, oh no, far from it
We weren't searchin' for some pie in the sky summit
We were just young and restless and bored
Livin' by the sword
And we'd steal away every chance we could
To the backroom, to the alley or the trusty woods
I used her, she used me
But neither one cared
We were gettin' our share
Workin' on our night moves
Tryin' to lose the awkward teenage blues
Workin' on our night moves
And it was summertime

I passed through a college, watching the exciting lives of college kids, free to do whatever they want on their own.

And oh the wonder
We felt the lightning
And we waited on the thunder
Waited on the thunder

It was pouring outside, thunder and lightning shaking the ground, but I didn't stop. I drove through McDonalds and got a quick meal, and went back onto the main road.

I awoke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in.

I was out of Alabama, and heading into Mississippi. Still on my own, working on my night moves.

++++++++++

hi sorry for the crappie chappie but hey at least i uploaded! sorry for the long wait but wattpad deleted my chapter and i had to re write and i also changed the name, so yayyy :) itll get really good i promise. follow me, read my other stories, and go check out my collab account with my friend bianca, called biancaandkaurinorman and check out our story Habits of My Heart :)❤️

ily all, dont forget to comment and vote!