The boy from the unknown

(Your pov)

Today was your first day in your new highschool. You had just moved a little ways down the road from your new school in aberdale. You had no friends and now had to start over completely. You knew you couldn't continue what little life you had back in your hometown of (your city). And there had been one event that would haunt you for the rest of your life. You remembered it as if it was only yesterday. The strange place you visited after getting pushed into the deep lake near your old school was dreamlike. And you faintly recalled seeing two boys wandering around , one had a strange red cone shaped hat and the other wore a tea pot on his head. They seemed like brothers but they were never in the same place for long. At least that's what you thought. You only made it back home because you followed them untill the snowstorm picked up and you lost sight of the two .

They had no idea you were following them the whole way through but it couldn't be helped, you were dressed as autumn itself. Yes, autumn meaning you had reddish brown and golden leaves printed on your clothing in a kind of " fairy" costume you made yourself. It was easy to not notice you in that forest.. Too easy. You even managed to somehow not be noticed by the beast even though you were only ten feet behind the two boys. You of course came back to the land of the living after the two boys were gone into the small lake never to be seen again. You didn't wait or even look back for that matter.

You hopped right in. You wanted this dream to end quickly so you could wake up. It wasn't like you to go stalking two boys for almost a week but you couldn't help it, the older boy looked about your age and he wasn't half bad. In fact he was actually really cute. You got all flustered at times on your journey behind the two, occasionally ease dropping by mistake on their conversations.

You didn't really want to intrude on there pack by being the third wheel, so you didn't bother joining them at all. Ether way you thought, once you woke up from this dream you would never see them again. That happened almost a year ago on Halloween night. you remembered it so clearly and even though you never asked the two boys their names you always had a mental image of the older boy stuck at the back of your mind. Before you moved your mind always seemed to wander back to that boy in the red cone hat. Questions always filled your mind like " why was he in the unknown? Who was the small boy that was with him? What kind of music does he like? What does he do with his free time?" And so many more. 

Though you always knew the first questions answer. He was in the unknown for the same reason you were there. He had died. That thought always sent shivers down your spine, you died that night but you managed to survive because of those boys. You managed to live because of them. Because you followed them. If not.. You would have ended up as oil for the beasts lamp or lost forever.

You always wanted to thank those boys when you came back from the dead, but you knew you would probably never see them again. There were times when you could have sworn they saw you, times when they would look at each other then the direction you were in but you were almost sure they never did. You wished you would have at least said hi, but alas.. You were too shy back then.

Luckily you had a fresh start, a new beginning. No one at this school knew how you really were and that was perfect. Starting today you would be a new person. No longer will people know you liked classical music and poetry! No longer will people know you had a thing for band nerds. No longer will people know the real you. This year you wanted to make yourself new ! And you were going to give it your all. You were now a sophomore in high school and this was your chance to shine! That is until you actually walked into your first period class and saw something that made your heart drop to the ground in shock.

It was him, the boy from the unknown. He was sitting in the far back of the room looking out the window . He's face was turned to the side giving you a great profile view of him but you could tell it was him. You KNEW it was him. It had to be him. You looked at him for days it seemed in the unknown and you couldn't forget his face even when you tried. All you could do was stare at him.

You knew you had to pick your seat and there was an empty desk right beside him. You rushed making your way to that very desk and took a seat just before the bell rang. He didn't notice and thank goodness he didn't, your heart was racing at one hundred miles a minute from the realization that you now had the chance to thank him. You now had the chance to tell him you were there. you now knew it wasn't a dream at all , that it all really was real. The teacher had walked in slightly late leaving you awkwardly in silence. The boy from the unknown staring blankly and quietly out the window as you glanced at him from the corner of your eye. The rest of the class would talk in their little groups before the teacher arrived causing them all to scatter to their seats.

" alright class we have a new student today. Her name is (f/n) (l/n) . Be good to her" the teacher gestured to you , who just seconds before started looking at the chalkboard. The boy from the unknown now noticing you sitting next to him filling the usually empty space. His face read surprised thought it didn't last long from what you could tell.

" now class take out your books and turn to page 46. " the teacher instructed. First period was history and you hadn't even gotten your text book yet.

" (f/n) you can share with wirt, I'll have your new text book tomorrow. Wirt share with (f/n) please get her up to date if you can." Finally, you now knew his name. It was like a small weight was lifted off your chest sent fluttering into the wind only to be replaced with a heavier one. He nodded and slid his desk till it touched yours then scooted over and sat right next to you placing his history textbook in the middle so you could read it along with him.

" h-hi, I'm wirt. Nice to meet you" he gave an awkward smile sending your heart fluttering off with the wind.

" I-I'm (f/n) g-good to finally meet you too" you managed to stutter out only to slip up. His face reading confusion.

" I-I meant.. i-I mean.. i-I..." You sat silent for a moment.

" I-it's fine, lets just get through the lesson ok?" He smiled once again as he took out his notebook from his desk and started scribbling down notes. You took out your notebook from your book bag and did the same with a pen. The rest of the class was spent in silence and filled with thoughts of the boy you now knew as wirt.