20 | luke

edited 01.20.17

l u k e

Luke looked in his closet, an intensely large frown plaguing his lips. The blonde boy was unsatisfied with how dull his closet looked, how unfeminine things were. The boy had just recently spoken to his mum, crush, and best friends about how he wanted to have a little more diversity - as Ella called it - to his self and his closet. Which basically meant that Luke wanted to be feminine.

"Mum," Luke greeted as he walked into Rosalie's room. "Can I go shopping?"

Liz turned away from the pile of unfolded clothes to look at her son, a sincere smile on her face.

"You don't even have to ask, love." Liz handed Luke money. "Just be sure that what you buy is the character you want to play." 

Luke nodded and bid his goodbyes, kissing his mother on the cheek as he left the room. He smiled to himself as he texted Calum, asking him to please join. He didn't want to text the others, knowing that Calum and Ashton were having a rough patch and Ella was away on a trip for the weekend with her family.

Calum was at Luke's house in no time, waiting for the giddy blonde in his dad's hummer.

"Is there a reason you invited me to go shopping with you?" Calum asked, pushing up his black Ray Bans up the bridge of his nose with his index finger. "Besides the fact that I'm a tall, muscular man that could easily beat up anyone who looked at you wrongly."

"Well," Luke blushed, "you're my best friend Calum. I want to do things with you."

Silence drifted through the car.

"And you have a car."

"And here I thought that you actually loved me!" Calum exclaimed. Luke giggled, covering his mouth with his hand while directing one of the most artificial pouts Calum's way. "You're lucky you're cute, Hemmings."

!!!!!

"How are you holding up?" Luke interrogated Calum unsuspiciously, taking a sip of his Orange Julius. He had already asked the boy about three times previously before this, on their way here; in Forever 21; and once more while they were walking to the food court and Calum had mentioned his shoulder ached.

"I'm just fine," Calum announced, "tell Ashton just that."

Luke's eyes suddenly bulged from their sockets, his heart rate picking up.

"H-how'd you kn-know?" Luke scrambled as he shoved his last fries into his mouth.

"You made it extremely obvious," Calum pointed out.

"Maybe I genuinely care for your well-being and I wanted to know how my best friend was feeling?" Luke lied. Ashton was most definitely asking and Luke was most definitely spilling information to him.

"Plus," Calum gulped, "he's texted me a few times saying that you've done exactly that." Luke cowered a little. "Don't worry, I'm not mad. I think it's just best if I stay away from him for a little while. I just need time and space."

Luke nodded in agreement.

"He really cares about you," Luke added quietly.