Bucky's Ending ~ A Work In Progress

Start from the beginning

"You may not feel that you're worthy, but you are." Bucky says making me tighten my grip on his shirt.

"How?" I ask as I bury my face into his chest.

"Because you're you," He states and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah that doesn't help Barnes."

"Just thank about it,"

"I am and I still don't see it."

"Then see it how everyone else does,"

"Please explain Terminator."I say furrowing my brows.

"Okay fine," He says as he pulls away from me and walking me over to my bed sits me down before he promptly kneels before me his blue eyes gazing up into mine. "I think you are worthy because no matter what you have come up against you have fought with every fiber of your being to not let it bring you down. Grant it you have your moments when you are utterly infuriating and think that no one cares about you but it's not true. Everyone in this tower cares about you, and I- well I love you (Name). I know you may not see it now; but if you think about it hard enough you'll see that it's not that big of a shock that you are worthy. You have a strength within you that makes all your past fears look like child's play. (Name)," He pauses as he takes my hands in his and gripping them tightly continues, "You are my hero."

"What?" I ask my jaw dropping in shock.

"I know what I've done in the past and believe me it haunts me but I let it get the best of me sometimes. I'm not a good person, not really."

"Shut your mouth right now Barnes." I say angrily making him gulp down a breath of air. I pull my hands from his and reaching up place a hand on each side of his face as I continue, "James Barnes, you are a good man. Yes you have done some terrible things but that doesn't make you any less of a good man. Something's more terrible than the others but all in all you have done more good than bad." I pause as he reaches up and gently grabs both of my hands in his, his thumbs trailing back and forth methodically on my fingers. "And I... I think I love you, James Buchanan Barnes."

"What?" He asks his eyes widening.

"You always know what to say to make me feel better. You see through my bullshit and make me face my fears head first. When I'm wallowing in self pity you're right there to make me snap out of it and face things. I know I said I couldn't love anyone but I think if I could love anyone, it'd be you." A slight glimmer of happiness passes through his eyes and before I can say anything else he leans forward crashing his lips against mine. My arms snake around his neck pulling him in closer deepening our kiss. I smile into his lips as I dig my hands into his long hair. My heart cries out for him and his answers meeting it beat for beat.

Suddenly I remember where I am and I push him away. He tilts his head his eyes filling with worry but I smile softly as I say, "You wanna get out of here?" He narrows his eyes in confusion and I sigh as I continue, "Tony, has cameras everywhere, and I'm sure he has FRIDAY keeping tabs on us."

"He does ma'am," FRIDAY chimes out and I smirk at him.

"Okay then," He pauses as he stands up and holds his hand out to me, "Where do you wanna go?"

"Take me home Barnes," I say as I grip tightly to his hand. Pulling me to my feet he instantly lifts me into his arms and starts heading for the elevator. "Wait! What about my clothes?"

"You have some at home; I'll have Natasha bring the rest later." Bucky says a smile fixing itself on his lips. When we reach the elevator he leans in close his mouth inches from my ear as he whispers, "I doubt you'll need them though."

My face instantly flushes and I bite my lip to keep from smiling like a lunatic. I look at the numbers to see that we are heading up and I tilt my head in confusion as I say, "Where are we going?"