Invest in Love

Timeline: Early season 6 - continuation of the final MerDer scene of 6x08 "Invest in Love"

Meredith lay in bed at night, waiting for her husband to come out of the bathroom. She was excited for him to tell her all about his day. That was the only way she could satisfy her hunger for surgery right now - by listening to the stories of all the amazing surgeries that her husband was performing. Why did she have to donate a part of her liver to her father? Now, she was stuck in the house all day, she wasn't able to go the hospital, she wasn't able to cut, and moreover, she had to live vicariously through her husband's stories. She couldn't wait till she was cleared to join work again.

As Meredith was mulling things over, Derek came out of the bathroom after changing into his blue T-shirt and pyjamas. He noticed his wife lying in the bed on her side with her back turned to him. He smiled a little to himself as he climbed into the bed beside his wife and placed a soft kiss on her right cheek. Meredith smiled as he wrapped his right arm around his wife tightly and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Chief still won't talk to me," Derek murmured as he pressed soft, feather-light kisses to her hair and shoulder.

"Oh, he will," Meredith replied with a smile as Derek nuzzled her shoulder.

"When did you become such an optimist?" Derek asked incredulously as he moved over to press another kiss on her cheek. Meredith laughed.

"This is married happy me," Meredith replied with a smile as Derek placed another gentle kiss on her cheek. She turned her face sideways and Derek pressed his lips softly to hers.

"Can we..." Derek mumbled against her lips and then pulled back from her and smiled. "Are you okay to..."He trailed off with a puckish grin.

"Yes, we can," Meredith said with a smile as she turned fully to lie on her back.

"Mmmm..."Derek hummed as he gave her a lazy grin and leaned over her to kiss her. He reached over and placed his pager on the night table as he asked, "Are you healed?"

"I'm healed," Meredith said with a titter as Derek captured her lips with his own once again. This time, however, his lips were firmer against hers as he kissed her.

"Mmm..." Meredith moaned against his lips as she opened up her mouth to him, granting him access to her honeyed cavern. It had been long - it had been way too long since her husband had made love to her. Damn, why did she donate part of her liver in the first place?

Derek smiled against her lips as he slid his tongue inside her sweet mouth, tasting and exploring. He had been with his wife for more than 5 years now, and she was still as stunning and enchanting to him as ever. Every kiss, every touch felt like the first time. Her mouth still tasted like strawberries and something that he could never get enough of - something uniquely Meredith.

Their lips fused together as their tongues duelled with each other, tasting and probing. Derek ran his right hand over the side of her body, feeling her soft, gentle curves and bringing her closer to himself. Meredith's body responded to his touch immediately as she ran her hands all over the nape of his neck and the strong muscles of his shoulders and back. She finally buried her fingers in his thick raven mane, moaning softly into his mouth every time his tongue stroked hers sensually.

"God, I've been craving to do this for the last three weeks..." Derek murmured as he pulled back from the kiss and buried his face in her lavender-scented neck. "The last three weeks felt like three decades to me," he whispered against her neck as he peppered soft kisses all over the delicate skin.