Chapter 5:

I took in a sharp breath before I made a beeline down the hall and a sudden wave of de ja vu hit me as it seemed like I was only making a beeline for him not too long ago.

This place was hard to get through the crowds and I had to push my way through many drunk people before I managed to get to the kitchen. This place could have potential to be a lovely house if it wasnt full of all these people. I dont even know where Sarah had gotten to at this stage and partts of me didnt want to know.

I saw him standing outside on the patio with another red cup in his hand and I pushed open the door slowly, while I managed to look around. The little garden was cute, it had fairy lights covering the fences and even in the darkness of the night I could tell the owners were probably those enthusists who loved green green grass. Those people were kind of annoying.

''Glad you could come.'' He half mumbled while he took another sip of his drink and looked over at me. I closed the door behind me and the second I did the sound of the music seemed to dissapear, although my confusion certainly didnt.

''Thanks.'' I said slowly and almost like a question, maybe he was just saying that for something to say in the moment, I know that he had invited me earlier that night, but Madison had still come here without me. Again.

''You looking for Madi?''

Madi, Oh no, please dont say they had gotten to that stage, but the short snicker that followed only made me wonder if he was making fun of her.

''What do you want with her Luke?'' I said and crossed my arms over my chest which caused a scoff of annoyance to come from him while he shifted his weight to another foot.

''What I want with her? Are you fucking serious? Your the one who has the physco friend who is blackmailing me!'' He yelled before he turned around and threw the cup of alochol at the fence. I flinched slightly at his action before I sighed and started to rub my hand across my skin as a cool breeze flew over the air.

I still hadnt gotten time on my hands to ask Madison what it was that she actually knew about Luke.

''I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped." He said and sighed quietly under his breath while he sat down on the chairs that were behind him.

I stood there for a few moments and didn't say a word while I tried to gather my thoughts, there was just too much going on in my head right now, but I noticed how Luke changed after a minute.

"Hey we're even now, I hit you with a door.. You yelled at me." I smiled slightly before I sat down on another chair beside him and I heard him chuckle at my words.

"So what does Madison want with you?" I asked him and looked straight ahead at the end of the garden where I could see the outline of little gnomes. Who's house was this?

"It's complicated." He groaned slightly and buried his face in his hands. Everything always was complicated when Madison was involved, she just attracted Drama and complication. But I loved her.

"Try me." I said slowly and looked over at him while he looked at the grass contemplating it in his mind.

"Maybe another night." He said quietly and it made me frown, what was this secret.

I didn't know Luke well enough to push it and he definitely wasn't drunk enough to accidentally slip it out in any way. "Alright." I said before I stood up and his hand reached for mine, pulling me to sit back down again.

The way he did it, he wasn't forceful or demanding, almost like he just didn't want me to go yet. "Where are you going?" He said and looked up at me with his eyes that I knew I could get lost in within a heartbeat.

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out and I closed my mouth after a minute before I took a deep breath and said "I was going to find my friend." My voice came out almost foreign to me and that only made him smile, like he was proud.

"You don't want to disturb her right now.."

"Why not?"

He laughed softly and shook his head at me "Do I have to actually say it to you?" He raised an eyebrow and he only laughed further at my dumbfounded expression.

Why wouldn't I want to disturb my best friend? I only came here for her.

"She's up in one of the rooms, with a guy.." He said slowly like I was a stupid 5 year old and I playfully punched his arm before I crossed my arms over my chest.

I got it this time.

He started laughing more and I couldn't help myself to join in with him, being with him wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be.

"Hey, you uhm, want a drink?" He asked when he finally cooled down on the whole laughing at me thing.

I stood up and he followed me a few seconds after. "Yeah I could go for something, if I'm here I myswell try and enjoy it." I smiled slightly before I walked back to the door and opened it only for the music to rush back to my ears like a flood.

The crowd of people had only gotten a small bit smaller, my guess was they were occupying some of the rooms..

I shivered slightly at the thought before I walked over to where the drinks were. "Skyler! Hey Skyler!" I heard someone call out my name and I looked up to see Darren in between two girls like a sandwich.

I waved a small wave at him before I turned around when I heard a chuckle. "He loves that you know." Luke said over the sound of the music and I grinned slightly, looking back at Darren.

"I bet he does."

Luke picked up a cup and started to put God knows what in it, but I just had to trust that he wouldn't poison me or anything. He grinned at me before handing me the cup and getting his own.

"Cheers." He said and I tipped my cup against his before I took a sip.

The night only became a fuzzy haze of a mix of things from that. I remembered Luke, obviously, a pineapple, more shots, the world being upside down and then finally, going home with Luke.