8 - Focus On Me

BITCH YOU THOUGHT I WOULDN'T UPDATE THIS SHIT TODAY!!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN YA NASTIES

***

Jeal-ous-y (jelousie/jealousy)

A sentiment which is born in love and is produced by the fear that the loved person prefers someone else.

Karlie

To this day I remember the day I realized that I was jealous of Taylor for the first time. I was fifteen then and she was sixteen, even though I always looked older than the blonde.

High school was an interesting experience, especially sophomore year.

I finished dropping some books in my locker when Cara's thin arms hugged me from behind, making me jump in my spot.

"Karlie Elizabeth Kloss. I missed you!"

"Oh my God, Cara!! You wanna kill me??"

The girl broke apart from me laughing as she saw me facing her in fake anger.

"Oh, bugger off. It's way too early for us to fight, don't be a twat."

"I'm not being a twat, I'm actually worried. Tay shoud've gotten here half an hour ago, she's never this late."

I stare down the hallway as I see most of the students heading into their classrooms.

"Maybe she overslept." The british girl shrugged nonchalantly. "Did you try to call her?"

"Yes, but she won't pick up the phone..." I stare at my cell phone confused by the lack of answers from the blue-eyed girl. "Cara, what if she's dead?"

"Karlie! Shut up, why would you say that?!"

"We didn't talk the entire weekend because she went camping with her family and there was no signal in the woods... But she said she'd be here today."

Taylor was never as much of a nerd as I was, but she was a dedicated student. Her real passion was in the kitchen and she had her own dream of pursuing a career in gastronomy, which made her lose much of her interest in the basic subjects offered in school. But there was never a single bad grade in her academic history, let alone absences, except for when she was sick.

That's why I was worried, especially because we had a Geography test in exactly twenty minutes from now and no sight of the blue eyed girl.

"Morning, girls!" I hear the male voice behind me before turning around and finding Zachary's blue eyes staring at us friendly.

"Good morning, Zac!" Cara responds sympathetically, discreetly nudging me when I roll my eyes at the boy.

"Hey, Efron..."

The boy smiles, not noticing my aversion to his presence. You see, personally, I have nothing against Zachary. He even seemed to be a nice guy. He was new at school, but he quickly made many friends, including some of the girls in my group. He never gave me a reason to hate Him.

"Where's TayTay?" He asks.

Except for, well, that.

The kid has been trying to get closer to my best friend ever since they met a few weeks ago and it irritates me deeply. I don't know why, but his obsession with Taylor makes me want to punch his pretty face until he stops calling her that ridiculous nickname.

The girls knew about my peeve on him, which gave them one more reason to tease me, especially Selena.

"She hasn't showed up yet..." Cara replies as I shut my locker closed, startling both of them. "I think we'd better get to class."