Chapter 3: Memories

I lay on my bedsheet in my room. I am vigorously shaking while I'm in the fetal position. I think about my life before I was put in here. There was this one time when my family (my dad, mom, and my little brother danny) and I went to the beach. We just spent the day in the water having fun. I wish I could still be happy. I need to sleep and get away from this hellish reality.

When I wake, I am not in my room. I am in a room with wood walls and a wood door. It doesn't smell like mold anymore. Instead, it smells like lavender and vanilla. I know this place. This is my room from my house. But how?

"Don't get too comfortable," my torturer says. I notice a speaker in the ceiling. I hear something. It sounds like the day on the beach. Suddenly, water starts making its way into the room. The dried blood on my thighs from our first encounter tints the water red. The water stops when it reaches my neck.

I notice something swimming around my feet. I am filled with more fear than ever. I freeze up and can't move. The thing around my feet takes a chunk of flesh from my right calf. My blood starts mixing with the water and makes the water red. Next, it goes for my ankle. The water gets a deeper red. My toes are next to be attacked. Soon enough. The animal leaves the room through a tube in the corner. The water starts to drain out of the same tube. I get some pillow covers and tie them around my wounds to try and stop the bleeding. It's not easy because I have no fingers, The door opens.