"So" Alfred stuffed his hands inside the pockets of his blue jacket, "Where are you off to?"

   "Just home"

   "Oh"

   "Why? Had something else in mind?" She flashed him a teasing smirk.

   "Well, yeah"

   Sometimes his forwardness was still a shock, "Really? And what's that?"

   "Do you wanna come over my place to play that new installment? You know, just the first parts"

   The young woman was baffled by his straightforwardness. She began pondering on what to do.

   'I should say no'

   However, she remembered the hours she spent with Alfred in the plane. She remembered the way his eyes shone when he spoke about the heroes he looked up to and aspired to be—both in fiction and in real life. She remembered his wide-eyed ideals and hopes for happy endings. There was no way Alfred, the kind of guy who dreamed of saving the world; the kind of guy who wanted to protect those who couldn't do defend themselves, was the kind of guy who would take advantage of a woman.

   "All right..." She nodded.

   "That's great! Good thing I brought my PS4 with me, c'mon"

***

"Wow" Her palm pressed against the passenger seat window of Alfred's Ferrari 458 Spider which, according to him, was a gift from a friend named Feliciano.

   The hotel that Alfred was staying at looked oddly familiar. She rummaged the inside of her brain for the name but just couldn't find it.

   "Are you sure I should be here?" She asked Alfred when they got inside the birdcage elevator.

   "Totally, dudette. You're my guest!"

   She remained quiet and simply counted the floor they've passed since the basement and ground floor.

   8, 9, 10, 11...

   "Seventeen, here's our floor. C'mon, dudette!"

   "Wait!" She ran after him as he bolted out the elevator. He stopped in front of a door with the gold numbers 1776. Alfred pulled out his gold key and opened the door.

   "Come on" He motioned for her to get inside. Her jaw fell open upon seeing the interior. As opposed to the rest of the hotel's traditional vintage vibe the room was modern and screamed "bachelor's fortress".

   The room was spacious with a rich wood king-sized bed with solid blue and ivory sheets and pillows. The walls were a shade of blue-grey, to compliment it was the brown leather couch and chairs that faced the flat screen TV. There were two other doors in the room. Name assumed that one led to the bathroom and the other a walk-in closet.

   "Nice place" A big understatement.

   "All right, let me just go set up my PlayStation"

   "Okay" She watched him enter one of the two doors, 'Yep, definitely a walk-in closet'

   Not a few minutes after Alfred left, someone knocked at the door. Alfred called out from the closet, "Mind getting that for me, dudette?"

   Name walked turned the doorknob and a soft but masculine voice spoke, "Sorry for disturbing you, Am—oh!"

   Behind the door was a young man who suspiciously looked a lot like Alfred although his haircut and violet eyes separated the two of them.

   "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you but is there any chance my brother here, eh?" His pale cheeks were flushed.

   'Brother?'

   "Yeah he's just getting something from his closet"

   "Oh, okay..."

   Silence began to build up. Name cleared her throat, "It's not really my place to say this because it's not my room but since you're brothers, d-do you wanna come in, or...?"

   "No, it's fine. I'm sure Al won't take long there"

   "O-okay then..." She licked her teeth and offered her hand, "I'm Name, by the way"

   "Nice to meet you" His spirits seemed to have been lifted for some reason, "I'm Matthew Williams"

   'Williams?'

   "Finally found it!" The American showed himself with his PS4. He looked at Name and his look alike.

   "Hey, Mattie, bro! What can I do for ya?"

   "I just wanted to tell you that we have another meeting tomorrow morning so don't show up late"

   "Yeah, yeah I swear you sound more and more like Artie every day"

   'Artie? Oh, right Arthur'

   "Good, it means I'm more responsible than you"

   "Whatever!" Alfred slammed the door close, causing Matthew and Name to flinch. Alfred grabbed the young woman's wrist and dragged her to the living room.

   "N-nice meeting you, Matthew!" she called out, hoping he heard.

"So, you and Matthew are brothers, huh?" She asked Alfred as he gave her the sleek black console. He nodded and sat beside her on the sofa.

   "Okay, but... I know it's not any of my business but I thought your last name is Jones?"

   "It is"

   "Then how come Matthew's is Williams?"

   "Oh, we're not really brothers brothers" He answered casually. Name knew something was up but didn't want to get too nosy, so they began playing the first few parts of the game, taking turns with the console and cheering each other. They were so preoccupied with their gaming that they almost hadn't realized that they played until it was practically midnight.

   "Want me to drive you home?" Alfred asked as she put on her coat. She politely declined his offer, not wanting to be a burden and then left the suite.

    She pushed the call button and calmly waited for the elevator to arrive, tapping her ballet flat on the carpeted floor.

   "Sunflower?"

   The young woman rocked her head sideward before deciding to look behind her to find the source of the familiar voice. When she finally found the owner of the voice she smiled at the tall man with the scarf and prominent nose, instantly realizing why the hotel was so familiar.

   "Ivan..."

   "Hey, dudette, you forgot your game!"

   The moment was destroyed when Alfred's voice pierced the tenderness in the air. However, he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the third person.

   The three fell quiet, with the girl drowning in the tension between the two men.

Author's Note: DUN DUN DUUUUN Cliffhanger~!

Magnet (Hetalia x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें