I paced the room. I kept pacing it. I kept thinking the same things over and over - Slade and the Chaos Emeralds and fake jewels. They would all be connected. Maybe Slade was trying to use the fake jewels to kill Sonic. He had said something like, 'the one who kills Sonic gets control of the Chaos Emeralds', but I didn't really believe that. Maybe Slade did, but I had a feeling he was wrong.

I jumped as I heard a crash. Immediately, I ran to Sonic's room, not pausing to think of anything else. Who would be invading right now? Maybe Sonic got restless and ran out the window.

But when I got to the room, it was empty. No broken glass, no Sonic, no enemy.

"Sonic!" I cried, running back down the hall. "Sonic, where are you?"

I heard a shout of some sort, though it was hard to recognize where it was coming from. My next thought was to go to the kitchen - there was a ton of glass to break in there, after all.

"You!" I shouted when I finally slid down the stairs and saw a fake Raven floating ten feet in the air. I knew the second I saw her that it wasn't the real deal. "What are you doing here?"

She didn't say anything for a few moments. I was about to attack when she said, "I have a name, you know."

"Everyone does!" Sonic shouted. Slade's kid merely regarded him for a second, then turned back to me.

"As for why I am here, can't you tell...?"

Sonic and I looked at each other, knowing bad things were about to go down. Maybe it was our bad luck that sprung her onto us.

Sonic suddenly gritted his teeth. "Wherever they are, I won't let you take them out!" Sonic jumped up and tackled the fake Raven, who hadn't expected this.

Problem:

They fell out the window.

The first thing I did was blink. Then I gasped and grabbed my grapple hook, sliding toward the shattered glass, which was everywhere, and shot the hook to Sonic. "Grab it!" I shouted, hoping he could hear me.

Without even glancing at the hook, he grabbed it and kicked Slade's kid in the face. In the meantime, I called Raven with my communicator. "Raven! We need the team here, stat!"

I don't know if she had heard me or not, but I couldn't stick around and find out. I had to hold on to the heavy hedgehog, who had grabbed the hook with Raven holding onto him. Worried that the chain would break if they held on for too long, I retracted it, and they both flew back into the room. 

"Best. Tactic. Ever." Sonic groaned with Slade's kid on top of him. I had taken out my bo-staff when Sonic spindashed and sent her spinning across the room. He stood and faced her with me just slightly behind him.

But the fake Raven only barely moved. Sonic relaxed, his eyes never straying from her, and the grip on my bo-staff loosened. "I don't understand," I said.

Sonic shrugged slightly. "She hit the window, and she stopped moving. I had to catch her."

"Maybe Slade's overworking her," I suggested. "He sends her to do everything."

"Could be," Sonic replied cautiously. 

Finally, I retracted my bo-staff and put it into its slot on my belt. Sonic looked at me like I was crazy. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Putting my staff away?" I told him. That was the first time I truly took my eyes off of Slade's kid, and she turned out to be perfectly fine.

"I thought you were smarter than that!" she shouted, shooting me with a giant, black bubble. I was lucky I missed the broken window - I only missed it by a few inches, though.