Chapter 2

I just went to a haunted house last night, so I got a lot of inspiration for it. Have fun reading this silly thing, I guess? The last two chapters will be here tomorrow or possibly on Halloween morning. I want to get this finished before the end of October :,)

-

"No. Way."

"Yeah, girl! You came to the challenge, you just gotta do it!"

Shuddering, Peridot takes a second glance. A large haunted house stands in the distance, up the hill. Cloudy skies surround the area, some people making their way through the large metal gates. "Why are the edges of the gates so... pointy?"

Amethyst stares at Peridot questionably. Her purple vision spheres™ are looking directly at the green, short gem. "It's a spooky trademark."

"That's ridiculous. If they have those mask-wearing humans with lethal weapons, that wouldn't be needed." Peridot touches her hand on her chest, undoubtably. For a moment, she forgets the fear and guilt she just had. This is for the sake of her opinions, of course. Amethyst and her begin to walk up the hill.

The purple gem shakes her head. "Nope, that's not it. Those creepy dudes are only a percent of the horrors they have here."

"A percent?!!?" Peridot gasps. "You've got to be kidding me!" She awkwardly laughs in fright, catching her breath. "Why did Homeworld never know how strong humans are... and their weird activities. I'm still utterly astounded about those adolescents that were chasing each other... talking about waterfowl...."

Peridot places her hand on her hand in a thinking position. Shoulders now slumped, Amethyst responds. "Duck duck goose?"

"What did you just say about me?" Peridot defensively inquires.

"Nothing, I was just like describing the game for you." Amethyst replies, the steps on the road making a soft noise. "Anyways, I'll just change the subject before it gets too complicated for you."

Peridot bites her lip. "Why? I thought we were having a good mannered discussion on-" Suddenly pausing, the green gem glances forward. "*OH MY SHARDS* WE'RE AT THE IDENTIFIED TO BE 'HAUNTED' PLACE-"

The haunted house stands in the front of them now, everything feeling as if time slowed down.

Amethyst widens her eyes, pulling on the green gem's hand. "Let's just go, okay? Don't you want to prove to me how brave you are?"

"How about just going back to the house and watching those films you proceed to call movies," Peridot stares at the ground, rubbing her arm. "Which I think is perfect. Way less turbulent. ArentIrightnowletsgo-" She starts pulling the other way, but the purple gem won't budge.

"Nu-uh Peridot. We're going. The quartz has decided upon it or whatever."

Suddenly, Peridot has a change in direction. "The quartz does?" Peridot murmurs, almost mouthing the words.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just get inside already." Amethyst gestures through the gates, Peridot slowly following in disgust.

The two gems make their into the front yard, Amethyst casually, Peridot un-casually. Fake gravestones and cheesy fake spiders were on the lawn. A light, dewy smell from the grass scented the area. The moon, a bright dot in a sky, had some gray clouds surrounding the erie stars. Soon enough, Peridot takes the lead.

Unexpectedly, a stream of fog washes over the area, preceding the whole entire yard. A hissing sound came along with it, tripping out the poor, triangle gem.