Chapter 4

Frank and I walked back to our room, he gave me a look as I sat down on my bed. “You going to be okay for the night?” Frank asked, he scratched the back of his neck. I sat there and touched my throat where the beast had bit me.

“Ray was right.” I said. I looked up at him. Frank raised an eyebrow and sat down in the plastic chair by his desk.

“What do you mean?” Frank asked, he leaned forward, his elbows on his knees.

“I saw it.” I told him. Frank shook his head, he got up. He stood in front of me.

“It’s in your head.” Frank said, he tapped my temple. “We can’t hear or see what you do.” Frank told me. “The only person who will know what it’s like would be Kurt. I think Bob said he’s schizo.” Frank said.

“I’m not schizophrenic, I’m not crazy.” I said sharply. Frank nodded slowly.

“Well maybe he can help you.” Frank suggested. I shrugged my shoulders. “It’s just a thought.” Frank said. I pushed myself off my bed.

“Fine.” I said. “Where’s his room?” I asked. Frank chewed his lower lip.

“In the criminal hallway. They lock that hallway up at eight.” Frank answered. “Plus, patients are not allowed in other patients’ rooms without a reason.” He told me. I sighed and crossed my arms.

‘Pick the lock. Find Kurt The Killer.’ Darkness said quietly. I clenched my hands.

“Don’t get any ideas, Gerard. You already got in trouble twice today. Three strikes and you’re in solitary.” Frank warned me.

“Solitary?” I asked.

“That straightjacket you’re in…you’re considered dangerous and unstable. Solitary is being bound by the jacket and locked in an empty, dark, padded room.” Frank answered.

‘A place you can drive the crazy even more insane.’ Darkness said in a hushed tone. ‘Do you risk the knowledge with a confined room, or do you wait?’ Darkness asked. I sat down on my bed more, Frank gave me a soft look.

I looked at Frank. Examining his features. Though he was emaciatingly thin, he was very good looking. His pale skin was stretched over his bones, like tissue paper along a box. His honey hazel eyes were beautiful against his flesh. Pale, but slightly tanned. He was maybe 5”6’, and very thin. He seem to be about 90lbs., when he should at least be 120lbs or more.

“W-what?” Frank asked. He reached up to touch his lip, as if he wanted to play with his lip ring that wasn’t there. A subconscious nervous tick.

“Don’t take this wrong, Frank. But you’re good looking.” I said awkwardly. I could see the faintest pink blush spreading along his face. He bit his lower lip.

“No, no I’m not.” Frank said shaking his head. He avoided my eyes.

“You may not believe me, but you are.” I said, I sat up. Frank drooped his head, his shoulders drooped slightly and slouched. “Frank.” I started. Frank’s knees gave out and he slumped down onto the floor. I got off the bunk and crouched next to him.

“Don’t.” Frank whimpered. I touched his shoulder and he looked at me through his bangs. He was crying. Anorexic and low self-esteem, I figured. Frank wiped his eyes, his wrists shown, they were all scarred up.

‘Easy prey for a quick hunt.’ Darkness said with a growl. I took a chance and pulled him into a hug. I knew what it was like, using a blade as a last resort. Frank was vulnerable, innocent, and didn’t deserve any of this. Frank was small and fragile. He curled himself up around me, like a baby bear. His head was nestled into the fabric of my shoulder.