Chapter 21: Visions of the Future

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry I should have checked to see who was at the door before opening it. I never thought Rose or Marcus would be capable of doing such a thing." I told him, feeling the tears running down my cheek. "Where's Ayanna at, is she okay?"

"She's with Aunt Maria, but a little shaken up. She watched them wheel you out in the ambulance, and she just kept calling out for you. Julia, Carlos, and Greg are all in the waiting room waiting to hear any update about your condition. I think Greg is putting more of the blame on himself since he said he had seen the way Marcus acted around you but did nothing to stop it. He was already talking to the police about it also." He went on to say, but I was more worried about my poor daughter having to see me like that.

"Can Aunt Maria bring Ayanna here so she knows I'm okay?" I asked, wanting to hold my baby girl, so she knew I was alright.

"Not right now, it's past visiting hours, and they only allowed me to stay since I'm your fiancé," He explains, "Just try to get some more sleep. I'm sure the nurse will be back, and she'll notice you're finally awake."

"Alright, would you at least tell the others that I'm fine, and hopefully I'll be out of here soon?" I asked, glancing up into his forest green eyes, making my heart beat rise a little too that the monitors started picking it back up.

"Sir, what are you doing?" I could hear the female voice again as she walked back into the room. "I told you that she needed her rest. Stop trying to wake her up."

"But I'm already awake," I announced to her as she walked around to the other side of the bed looking back over at the monitor.

"Well, that's good, how are you feeling?" she asked, picking up a clipboard checking over the papers inside now.

I hadn't really thought about how I was feeling, with the fact the Chance had been here the moment I woke up, but now it seems my body was in a numb state. "I can't really feel anything at the moment," I answered, looking over at her to see that my shoulder was wrapped in a banged and was popped up on a pillow.

"That most likely the morphine working, now that you're awake, we'll be slowly taking you off of it, and you'll start to feel the pain of your womb.

"How long will I have to stay in here for?" I asked something about being in this bed brought back memories from when my father dead, and it was too emotional to think about that at the moment knowing everything I had just gone through with Rose and Marcus.

"That all matters on what the doctor said when he comes and checks up on you," the nurse confirmed, but the hard glare in Chance's eyes told me he wasn't pleased her answer.

"When will he be in to see her then?" He asked in a shrine voice.

"Unsure, but he will be in before his shift ends I'm sure," she answered looking over at him in annoyances. "I know you just woke-up, but I think it be best if you try to get some more rest before the doctor comes back to check-up on you."

"Thank You," I said as a yawn slipped from my lips. The nurse just smiled and walked out the room, leaving me and Chance alone once again. "Why don't you go get Ayanna and go home to get some rest yourself. I'm most likely just going to sleep until the doctor comes in."

He let out a little chuckle before gripping hold of my hand and bring it up to kiss the top, "I'm not going anywhere." I started to say something back, but he held up his other hand. "Stop being stubborn Milly, I'm not leaving end of the line."

Deep down, I did really want him to stay, but we still had an obligation to take care of our daughter, "but Ayanna needs at least one of her parents with her. We've been leaving her with Aunt Maria too much lately."