Chapter 44: SMARTIES!

Start from the beginning

"SEO JESSE JOOHYUN!! NALIMUTAN NATING GAWIN YUNG VIDEO!! MABUTI INEXTEND NI PROFESSOR SMITH!!" Nag-aaral pa rin sila sa Hollywood Arts?

"ANIYO!—wait lang, unnie! Kinakausap ko pa si Kyuhyun oppa!—OMO! Mianhe, oppa! I need to hang up! Bye bye! I Love You daw galing kay baby Jae, isali mo pa ang aking big I LOVE YOU!" Oh sh*t! Sila na ni Kyuhyun?! "UNNIE, ANONG SAYAW AT KANTA NAMAN??!!"

"GOT THAT GOOD GOOD IDEA, MY DEAR!!" XD

"SHUT UP, THE BOTH OF YOU!!" Sigaw ni Krystal, kaya lumingon ang dalawa with poker face kay Krystal.

"Wag kang mag-feeling na parte ka sa grupong 'to. Hindi ka spesyal. Boyfriend mo lang ang isang toasted bread na parte sa grupong ito, kaya wala kang karapatan kung mag-ingay kami dito." That's new. Hindi english ang speaking niya!

"Tss.. 'Wag mong tawaging 'toasted bread' ang Honey ko!" Stal.

"Bakit? Bawal? K dot. But remember, girl. Me and Seohyun know EVERYTHING. Kaya mag-ingat ka na, lalong-lalo na sa mga DIRTY secrets mo." Huh?

"W-wala akong t-tinatago!!" Defensive lang?

"Masyado kang obvious na guilty ka, girl." Seohyun

"I'M NOT!!" Defensive nga!

*****

Third-Person's POV

Nagkaklase na sila, pero ang HyoSeo ay nagcecellphone lang, na specifically texting. Si Hyo tinetext si Junho niya, at si Seo ay si Kyuhyun niya.

"Ms. Seo and Ms. Kim! Are you listening to my topic about the periodical table and its atomic numbers?!" Ayan, bisto na!

"Yup!" Sagot ni Hyo, pero hindi nakatingin sa teacher nila.

"Okay! Ms. Kim, what is Meitnerium in the periodic table?"

"Pfft.. Easy question! Meitnerium is a chemical element with symbol Mt and atomic number 109. It is an extremely radioactive synthetic element (an element not found in nature that can be created in a laboratory). The most stable known isotope, meitnerium-278, has a half-life of 7.6 seconds. The GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research near Darmstadt, Germany, first created this element in 1982. It is named for Lise Meitner. In the periodic table, meitnerium is a d-block transactinide element. It is a member of the 7th period and is placed in the group 9 elements, although no chemical experiments have been carried out to confirm that it behaves as the heavier homologue to iridium in group 9. Meitnerium is calculated to have similar properties to its lighter homologues, cobalt, rhodium, and iridium. Meitnerium was first synthesized on August 29, 1982 by a German research team led by Peter Armbruster and Gottfried Münzenberg at the Institute for Heavy Ion Research (Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung) in Darmstadt.[11] The team bombarded a target of bismuth-209 with accelerated nuclei of iron-58 and detected a single atom of the isotope meitnerium-266:
209
83Bi + 58
26Fe → 266
109Mt + n
Using Mendeleev's nomenclature for unnamed and undiscovered elements, meitnerium should be known as eka-iridium. In 1979, during the Transfermium Wars (but before the synthesis of meitnerium), IUPAC published recommendations according to which the element was to be called unnilennium (with the corresponding symbol of Une), a systematic element name as a placeholder, until the element was discovered (and the discovery then confirmed) and a permanent name was decided on. Although widely used in the chemical community on all levels, from chemistry classrooms to advanced textbooks, the recommendations were mostly ignored among scientists in the field, who either called it "element 109", with the symbol of (109) or even simply 109, or used the proposed name "meitnerium". The naming of meitnerium was discussed in the element naming controversy regarding the names of elements 104 to 109, but meitnerium was the only proposal and thus was never disputed. The name meitnerium (Mt) was suggested in honor of the Austrian physicist Lise Meitner, a co-discoverer of protactinium (with Otto Hahn), and one of the discoverers of nuclear fission. In 1994 the name was recommended by IUPAC, and was officially adopted in 1997. It is thus the only element named specifically after a non-mythological woman (curium being named for both Pierre and Marie Curie). That's all ma'am. Any more questions? I'm willing." Jusko! Pati discovery at naming alam! Ganito ba ang epekto ng Hollywood Arts sa kanila?!

"N-none. That's enough. For your question Ms. Seo, what is Roentgenium in the periodic table?"

"Easy question to ask, ey? Anyways, Roentgenium is a chemical element with symbol Rg and atomic number 111. It is an extremely radioactive synthetic element (an element that can be created in a laboratory but is not found in nature); the most stable known isotope, roentgenium-282, has a half-life of 2.1 minutes. Roentgenium was first created in 1994 by the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research near Darmstadt, Germany. It is named after the physicist Wilhelm Röntgen (also spelled Roentgen). In the periodic table, it is a d-block transactinide element. It is a member of the 7th period and is placed in the group 11 elements, although no chemical experiments have been carried out to confirm that it behaves as the heavier homologue to gold in group 11. Roentgenium is calculated to have similar properties to its lighter homologues, copper, silver, and gold, although it may show some differences from them. Roentgenium was first synthesized by an international team led by Sigurd Hofmann at the Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (GSI) in Darmstadt, Germany, on December 8, 1994. The team bombarded a target of bismuth-209 with accelerated nuclei of nickel-64 and detected a single atom of the isotope roentgenium-272:

209
83Bi + 64
28Ni → 272
111Rg + 1
0n

In 2001, the IUPAC/IUPAP Joint Working Party (JWP) concluded that there was insufficient evidence for the discovery at that time. The GSI team repeated their experiment in 2002 and detected three more atoms. In their 2003 report, the JWP decided that the GSI team should be acknowledged for the discovery of this element. Using Mendeleev's nomenclature for unnamed and undiscovered elements, roentgenium should be known as eka-gold. In 1979, IUPAC published recommendations according to which the element was to be called unununium (with the corresponding symbol of Uuu), a systematic element name as a placeholder, until the element was discovered (and the discovery then confirmed) and a permanent name was decided on. Although widely used in the chemical community on all levels, from chemistry classrooms to advanced textbooks, the recommendations were mostly ignored among scientists in the field, who either called it "element 111", with the symbol of (111) or even simply 111. The name roentgenium (Rg) was suggested by the GSI team in 2004, to honor the German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, the discoverer of X-rays. This name was accepted by IUPAC on November 1, 2004. Anything else, ma'am?" Seohyun. Jusko! Parang gusto ko ng umalis sa room na 'to!

"It's enough, Ms. Kim and Ms. Seo." Pfft.. Pahiya ka, ma'am?

*****

Kumakain kami ngayon sa Pr namin. Ewan ko lang, pero I feel something weird inside me. Yung parang hindi ko ma-explain, lalo na kung titingin ako kay Seohyun. Hindi ko talaga ma-feel ang feeling na 'to towards Chobaby.

May sakit ba ako?
<><><><><>
Enjoy! ^^

Vote || Comment

~MysticalJapaneseGuru [P.S: I changed my UN: SimpleJapaneseGirl → MysticalJapaneseGuru]