8. Innocence- you dont fool me

Both John and Freddie had been looking forward to movie night all day. They had both experienced such a tiresome day at work and now all they wanted to do was cuddle up whilst watching a good film. Now that there was something going on between Brian and Roger, they constantly argued. The sexual tension between the two could be cut with a knife. John and Freddie had to put up with the boys constant arguing all day and now they were utterly exhausted, both glad to be home and waiting to be wrapped in each other's arms.
The front door to the flat, which Freddie and John shared, swung open and the both marched in. They quickly kicked off their shoes and hung up their coats. John placed his bass against the wall before venturing off to the sofa. Freddie however didn't, he walked down the corridor and into their bedroom where all their DVD's were stacked. Quickly searching through the stack, he pulled out three candidates.... two horrors and a measly romantic comedy. Happy with his decision he left the room, DVD's in hand. Walking back down the corridor and into the living room, he wasn't surprised to find his lover sprawled out over the sofa, legs kicked up and arms dangling over the edge.
"hey I selected a few films, pick the one you feel like watching" and with that Freddie set the films on the coffee table which was placed in front of the sofa. Feeling rather peckish and thirsty Freddie wandered into the kitchen, grabbing some beers and popping some popcorn.
This left John alone in the living room, staring at the three films Freddie had picked. There was no way he was going to watch some measly romantic comedy, but he wasn't sure if he would get through a horror film without wetting his pants. Taking his chances John picked a horror, not wanting to sit there for an hour and a half watching some romantic comedy fluff.
It was at that moment Freddie walked back into the room, popcorn and beers in hand.
"Picked a film, dear?" Freddie asked, handing a beer to John and setting the popcorn on the table. He took a seat next to John and immediately opened his drink.
"Yeah here" John said whilst passing him the DVD case. Freddie looked at John wearily, he wasn't sure if John would like the film. John is a rather innocent person and well...the film they were about to watch wasn't very innocent and was very gruesome. However, Freddie didn't bother to question; he just stood up and placed the DVD into its player.
Freddie sat back on the couch as the DVD played, with his arm around John he reached for the popcorn, placing it in his lap. The film had begun and soo had the cuddling.
----
The boys had eaten their way to the bottom of the popcorn bowl, finished two beers and were now halfway through the film. Freddie was still unsure if they should continue with the film. John was now led in-between his legs, resting his head on Freddie's chest; Freddie could feel him shaking. John was practically clinging to Freddie's shirt as the film continued, letting out brief whimpers when someone's head got ripped off or something extremely gruesome happened.
Freddie being the caring and loving boyfriend he was, reached for the TV remote...and turned the TV off. John who was surprised and relieved the thing was gone looked up at Freddie, his face seeming innocent and almost childlike as he stared at Freddie with big eyes.
Though the horror was gone, John continued to shake...images of the film still in his head.
"Should we go to bed darling?" Freddie said in a soft and gentle voice. He knew John probably wasn't going to sleep tonight....but he also knew it was probably best to get him to bed now....since they indeed did have a tiresome day.
John just nodded, exhausted and not feeling as though he had the energy to speak.
Freddie began to sit up, pushing John off him as they both stood up from the sofa. John still slightly scared and afraid something was lurking in the darkness behind them grabbed Freddie's hand. Together they both walked down the corridor towards their room. Once there they immediately stripped down to their boxers and got into bed.
John who was still scared and feeling somewhat childlike this evening curled up to Freddie, burying his face into his chest. John could feel Freddie combing through his hair and it was the comforting gesture he needed right now.
After some time Freddie noticed John's breathing had evened out... he was asleep. Freddie looked down at what he says as his innocent angle. His face being stress free and completely peaceful as he slept.
In their relationship John had always been the one who had innocence...being the complete opposite of Freddie who could be seen as someone's personal devil. Freddie knew how innocent John was and tonight was an example of that. John doesn't like violence or conflict...and always sees it as a last resort....but hey what's wrong with being a little innocent?