Chapter 9:

After asking several people for directions, the 3 of us finally split up, and found our homes. I went inside. My mother, and my father, both sitting side by side on the couch, holding a picture of me, tears running down their cheeks, and my mom slowly, whispering, "Where could she be?" I entered the room. They both stared at me in shock. Affection and joy gleaming in their eyes. They both ran and gave me a long hug. "I missed you so much!" I said, crying with joy. "We missed you too! Where have you been? What happened to you? Why are you covered in so many bruises? And why are you so skinny and filthy??" I explained everything to them.  "I'm so glad I'm finally home."
I never knew that such people even existed in reality, that this world is such a cruel place. You can't really trust people nowadays, but I'm still happy there's some humanity left in some people, like Emily and Rodrick. We didn't even know each other, but after all we've been through together, I can trust them anytime.
But if I had given up, like I was about to so many times, I wouldn't have made it. I did things I didn't know I was capable of. I became a better person and knew to Never Give Up. At times things may seem impossible, but if you believe in yourself, you'd be surprised at what you can accomplish.