and luke didn't like that.

yeah, he was happy that ashton was playing with his siblings, and he wasn't going to stop ashton from spending time with his family, but he wanted to spend time with ashton.

he wanted ashton to himself, and so that's what he tried to do.

he would try to bring ashton's attention on him. calling him over, splashing water at him, poking him and so on.

but that would only cause ashton to look over and giggle and then head back to harry and lauren.

maybe ashton's mad because you were laughing before. luke thought.

"hey, ash?" luke asked, causing ashton to rip away from lauren and harry and look over at the blonde.

"yeah, luke?"

"are you mad at me?"

ashton gave a shocked expression and turned his torso to face luke properly.

"no. of course not. what makes you think that?" ashton asked, searching luke's eyes.

"oh, nothing, just- you know. always over thinking things." luke chuckled awkwardly and ashton brushed luke's cheek.

"remember what i told you about overthinking?" ashton asked and luke bit his lip.

"no. not really. i was too busy admiring you while you played with my hair." luke said, and ashton blushed lightly.

"well, maybe next time you should listen instead of stare, hm?"

"eh, i don't think that's possible." luke smirked and ashton came closer.

"why not?" he asked, wrapping his arms around luke's neck.

this is so okay. luke thought.

"well, you see, i've discovered this new sexuality called ash-sexual and i think i might be that instead of gay."

ashton tried his best to conceal his blush and bit his lip to hide his smile.

"and how exactly do you know you're ash-sexual?" ashton asked, his tone becoming more flirty, and luke was practically gonna faint from how hot ashton sounded.

"i'm still not sure, but i know a way i can find out."

luke, this is the best moment to do it. you've hinted it now just lean in.

ashton's eyes widened slightly when luke spoke. did luke mean kiss ashton? because if he did, ashton would be more than happy to do so.

"how's that?" ashton questioned, leaning closer and luke smirked slightly.

"this." and with that, luke leaned in and so did ashton. they were centimeters apart when cold water was splashed in their direction, causing them to stop.

great luke. you had your chance again, and you blew it again.

"stop kissing and play with us!" lauren yelled and harry nodded.

luke and ashton looked at each other and ashton slowly took his hands away from luke's neck.

"i should go with them." he said and luke shook his head.

"no, hold on. i got this." luke said and ashton flashed him a confused look.

he watched as luke swam over to lauren and harry and picked them up. harry sitting on his arm, and lauren sitting on his shoulders.

ashton giggled as luke struggled to keep them upright, and smiled fondly when seeing him twirl them.

"yay!" lauren cheered and harry laughed. "this is so cool!"