"He's not going to mark me essentially. And it doesn't matter anyway, it will all pay off in the end," I profess, holding his cheek gently. He narrowed his eyes as though he was not completely convinced. How else could I explain to him that he could become an Alpha again?

"But, what about the-"

"We have plenty of time for your physical endeavours Jax..." I confess. He smiles brightly all of a sudden, grabbing my waist.

"Promise?"

"I promise," I breathe, resting my forehead against his.

"Shall I become an Alpha now?"

I have hardly been as nervous as I am now, staring at the door that covers the entrance to the Alpha's home. It was the next morning, and after making Jaxon hold off a whole night from his sexual exploits, we made it to where the Alpha stays.

Ace had already talked to him about me, and how I wanted to be marked. I told Jaxon to stay back, he refused blatantly, saying that he wasn't going to let me get...Blah blah blah.

I slipped my hand from his sweetly grasp, and knocked on the wooden door four time. Ace flanked me also, coming here for what he claimed was moral support. As he said that, I began to fear the Alpha even more.

"Come in," a deep, and awfully confronting voice said through the door. Ace nodded at me to do so, but I hesitated.

"If I die, it's for you asshole," I mutter to Jaxon under my breath. He didn't respond, as I slowly turned the doorhandle.

As I opened the door, I became more aware of how different the place was to anything I had seen before. Back in the Trial Arena, you would never see the fixtures and furnishings that decorated the interior of the room. Everything was so much darker and more organised.

And sitting right there, casually I'm the middle of the floor, on some giant black stained map, was the Alpha himself. Or at least that's who I assumed it was.

His hair was as black as Jaxon's, if not blacker. His head was bent, the thick muscles on his shoulder staunch. Some strange enscent was bellowing it's scent across the room as I stepped in. I swallowed, hoping Ace was right behind me.

He slowly looked up.

I had never seen eyes so soulless. They were giant pools of darkness, that seemed to have many mysteries buries within. Half of his face was tattooed with some pattern I would never know the origin to.

I'm dead...

"You're mated," was the first thing he said, which honestly took me by surprise. Not just because I'm not used to that term, which I'm not, but because he knew instantaneously. He can smell it, even with the suffocating smoke that surrounded us.

"I guess so...I mean yes, yes I am," I stutter, trying to muster some courage into my voice. He stood, showing me his height compared to my own. All that ran through my head, was how am I going to kill this Wolf?

"To an Alpha. Don't tell me he's actually letting you get claimed, and thrust into my Pack," he proclaimed. My eye widen. He seemed to be amused by the whole situation, like this was some sort of sick game. His smile was cruel though, which made me shift from foot to foot uneasily.

"There won't be any thrusting," I say, addressing the boundaries immediately. I knew Jaxon would be listening from outside. The Alpha smiled wickedly.

"Usually those who sacrifice themselves to the resistance don't talk in fear of me," he admits. I don't blame them, but I'm not here for a sacrifice...exactly.

"Can we get this over with..."

I bit my lip. He raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"Alpha," I finished. He nodded, moving toward me gracefully. I swallowed...there is no going back now.

Praying Ace was right, I allowed the Alpha to pull my hair away from my neck gently, exposing the side of my neck that wasn't already tainted many a mark.

"What's your name?" I ask breathlessly, as he leans in. I bunch my fists into a ball by my sides, refraining from punching him in the stomach.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, intead of answering my question. Such a loaded question...I mean of course I don't!

"Yes," I say quickly, before it seems as though I was hesitating. I took a deep breath, as his teeth scrapped across my neck.

And before I could protest, his teeth sunk into my neck.

I apologise for such a long wait!!

Let me tell yah, it's so weird writing the name Jaxon again, instead of Landon. I've been writing too much of Power...

It's also strange writing about a sassy character like Juliette, over a more quiet character like Althea. Hmm...

And this chapter is dedicated to cats.

My neighbour has nine of them, and I have to fed them...Funny thing is, is that in my town, you're only allowed three cats per household. Plus, I'm allergic to cat danger, which is so much fun! :/

Hope you liked the chapter, vote and comment if you did! (:

Snapchat: midikacrane
Instagram: divine_endearment

~Midika ♡