"Can I ask you something?" I asked, breaking the heavy silence

He didn't say anything in return so I took it as a go ahead

"Where were you?" I asked, curious as to where was more important than where I was in harms way

"Taking care of some things that I shouldn't have been" He spoke, as he Velcro strapped the brace tightly around my arm and wrist "Thankfully, this is just a sprain, the pain will ease in time"
He then lifted himself from the bed, avoiding me.

I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything in reply, I just crawled awkwardly over to the bedhead and lay down. Not even under the covers.

"You're going to get cold" Duke spoke, a fair few feet away from me.

"I'm fine" I answered, my voice muffled by the pillows that smelt like him.
It was intoxicating, and I had to refrain myself.

He sighed, and I didn't bother looking to where he was standing or sitting. I felt overly tired and closed my eyes , letting my brain clock itself out and fall asleep to the sweet scent beneath and around me.

-

When I woke the next morning, I wriggled around in the comfy satin sheets and pillows. It was the most comfortable I'd felt in weeks, and I fought to stay awake once my eyes peeled open. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay where I was.

"Get up sleepy head. We have packing and shopping to do" Jaymi's voice interrupted me from my thoughts as I tossed over to face her hovering face above me.
It was only then had I realized that there were blankets over my body. The same one's I had laid on last night.
I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Duke tucking me in after I had fallen asleep. It was a gesture that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I groaned as I flung myself from the bed.

"You definitely need to shower first though. Your hair is like a haystack" She giggled, pulling me along with her out of the comfort of Duke's bedroom.

-

After I had showered, I pulled my hair into a neat ponytail and threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a dark blue and white striped t-shirt.

"Now, let's pack what's left in here" Jaymi began as I stood beside her in my destroyed bedroom beside my closet.

She pulled open the first draw as I held my suitcase open
"Panties and bra's. Nice collection you have here" She smirked, winking at me as she grabbed handfuls and threw them in.

She continued as she went from the first draw to the last. It was when we had finished packing that I realised the suitcase was only have full.

"I thought Riley would have brought them back up after washing them" I thought aloud, as Jaymi finished piling my few shirts left into my suitcase.

"You know Riley. He likes to start things he can't finish. Except for fights" She added as she smiled.

"I suppose so"

"Don't worry, I'll collect them just before you leave and throw them in here" She said, as she slammed closed the last draw and took the suitcase from my grip.

"C'mon, I'll put this at the front door and we can have our last breakfast together until after the fight" She beamed as she skipped out the front door, with me in tow.
Once again she was being overly casual about the entire situation.

When we were downstairs seated in the kitchen it was a full house. Parry, me, Jaymi, and Riley were seated around the dining room table, while Seth was stuck cooking our breakfast.
I offered to help him cook, but he was stubborn and refused as usual.