Duke glared at him, but didn't say anything, only returning his focus back to my wrist.

"You're supposed to be watching her. She could have been killed!" Riley spat towards him, pointing a finger near his chest

Parry stepped in front of him, urging him back "Settle down bud. She's okay, no blood, no foul" Parry continued, pushing Riley back by his chest "C'mon, lets go for a walk to cool off, shake the dust off" He pushed him lightly

Riley did what he was told, but glared at Duke the entire way out.

"Is it broken?" Jaymi's voice worried

I broke my gaze from where Riley and Parry had left, looking down at my slumped hand

"No, I don't think so" Duke replied, his voice flat as he looked over my wrist "I'll bandage it up anyway. Then we'll get going towards the cabin" He continued, snapping my attention to his words

"Cabin? I thought we weren't going until tomorrow afternoon?" I asked, looking in between him and Jaymi.

"Well obviously it's getting too risky. Your room is also destroyed" He pointed out as I looked around the room. It was. Even though the fight had only lasted a few seconds at the least, the furniture was dinged and dented, along with the pile of dust that had settled down on top of the bed and floor.

"Can't I sleep somewhere else? On the lounge or something. I don't want to go until tomorrow, I need to pack" I panicked

"There's no point in going straight away, they'll suspect that, maybe follow you" Jaymi defended me, looking at Duke as he released my hand and sighed.

"Fine. Fine!" He agreed rubbing his temples

"I'm sure Riley can give up his bed for one night" Jaymi smiled as she began to walk out of the room

"No. No, she can have mine for the night" Duke snapped at the mention of me sleeping in Riley's room, let alone his bed.

"Oh. Kay. Whatever you say. I'll help you pack tomorrow Rose, maybe get you a few new clothes for the trip" She smiled sympathetically  as she headed out the door

Why was everyone besides Duke so casual about the fight?

"C'mon" Duke spoke, leading me out of the room

I'd only ever been in Duke's room once when I was trying to escape.
From memory, it was beautiful, probably bigger than any other bedroom in the house.

"I'll go find a support brace for your hand" Duke told me as he gestured towards his room, holding the door open.

"Okay, thanks" I replied walking into his room as he disappeared

The light in this room was brighter from the angle of the moon than my own. Almost everything in the room reflected off the White light, blue rays giving it a mystical, fantasy feeling.

I sat on the edge of the bed, not sure as to what to do as I looked around at the perfect untouched furniture. It was simple and probably hadn't been used to wear within the last five years.

My head turned from the furniture when Duke's feet moved back into the room. He was carrying a black wrist brace as he sat beside me on the bed.

I held my hand out as he gestured for it in silence. His fingers were gentle as they held my hand. He began poking and prodding, slowly moving it up and down, rotating the bones. Occasionally, I would wince, but it didn't feel as though anything was out of place.
When he was satisfied, he placed the brace around my wrist between my thumb and over my knuckles.