.: Chapter 6 :.

As soon as they stepped through the door Gray relaxed. He let out a quiet sigh of relief, that Natsu heard due to his advanced senses. His expression tightened with concern as Gray walked right next to him whilst a few beads of sweat ran down his forehead.

"You sure, you're okay?" Natsu asked, frowning.

"Of course I am." Gray replied snidely.

"Gray..." He frowned, urging his fri-no rival to tell him what was wrong.

"It's nothing okay?" Gray yelled, walking away moodily.

Natsu flinched as he watched Gray skip a few stones on the water. Sighing, he sat down on the grass hill and began to cloud gaze. A smile curled onto his lips as he saw one shaped like a key which reminds him of Lucy, another looked like a bunny with a tomato on its head. The rest looked like random shapes that he couldn't make any pictures out of.

The breeze ruffled his hair in a peaceful, yet tense way. Why was he so worried for Gray? And why was Gray so determined to hide whatever it was from him. He glanced over at Gray again to see him sitting behind a tree, seemingly just staring out across the lake.

"Gray...." Natsu said quietly, standing a little bit away from him.

"What?" Gray snapped, glaring daggers at the only company he'd be allowed for a week.

"Gray, please tell me what's wrong......" He pleaded nearly begging, crouching to the ground he looked out over the lake. "....I promise I won't judge you if it's something personal."

"Since when did you care about me?" Gray asked, trying to avoid the question.

"I've always cared about you. You're part of Fairy Tail. We might fight 24/7 but I trust you more then most people in the guild." Natsu explained shyly.

"This is gonna sound really, really weird...but I don't think we're alone in the house..." Gray stated, making the Pyro's gaze shoot to him in surprise.

"Do you think someone's watching us?" Natsu asked.

"I keep sensing a presence, but I doesn't seem necessarily human...." Gray frowned.

"So a...a ghost?" Natsu gasped, shuffling closer to Gray since he didn't feel very safe anymore.

"You believe me?!" Gray gaped, looking at the Pyro.

"Of course I do." Natsu nodded. "What should we do about the ghost?"

"I'm not sure if it is a ghost, or even anything at all." Gray attempted to reassure the younger mage.

"......"

"What?"

"Is that why that room gives us the creeps?" Natsu asked, making Gray's eyes widen. "It can't just be nothing if we both feel it. Especially with us, since us agreeing is very rare." Gray responded with a noticeable shiver and shuffled closer to Natsu, longing to feel security.

"What do we do?" He asked, showing more helplessness then Natsu had ever seen.

"I think we should stick together, if something really is here with us then we need to settle our differences quickly and focus on getting it out of the house." Natsu explained, trying to stay calm.

"Why don't we just go back to the guild and explain what happened?" Gray asked.

"Erza put up a barrier after she left so we can't go too far from the cabin." The Pyro frowned. "And I didn't see any phones..."

"Let's just get through this week safely okay?" The Penguin suggested.

"Okay." Natsu agreed. "Should we go back inside and investigate?"

".....O-okay..." Gray agreed, obviously trying not to seem weak and afraid. He didn't do a very good job. Without thinking, the Pyro turned to his rival and forced him into a protective hug. It obviously caught the Ice-Mage off guard as he ended up losing his balance and toppling onto his rival.

When Natsu eventually realised what he was doing, he didn't let go of the Ice-Mage. Instead he tightened his grip on the frightened wizard.

"Listen to me Gray." He instructed. "I know this is the last thing you wanna hear from your rival. But, if you ever feel unsafe whatsoever over the next week, let me know straight away."

"....Natsu...." Gray mumbled.

"Let's go." Natsu ended the moment, tugging himself away from Gray and standing up, facing the house. Gray seemed to need someone to rely on, to protect him if something did happen. It was shocking no doubt, but this was no time to be teasing him.

Gray stood up finally and they started back towards the cabin. As soon as the re-entered the cabin, Gray tensed up. He walked stiffly after Natsu as he led the way up the stairs and towards the creepy room.

Slowly, Natsu opened the door and walked inside with Gray close behind him.

"Is anyone in here?" Natsu asked out loud.

.....

"There's no point in hiding. We are well aware that there is something here with us." Natsu continued loudly, shifting suddenly as his and Gray's shoulders brushed together.

"What was that?" Gray mumbled, staring wide-eyed at the darkest corner of the room.

"Who's there?" Natsu asked, anger rising in him as he stepped in front of Gray as his protective side also appeared.

.....

"Alright, if you don't come out. I'm gonna have to burn this room down." Natsu warned.

.....

"Natsu." Gray whispered. "I don't think it's in this room anymore..." Gray frowned.

"Gahh!! Stop running away from me!" Natsu yelled, running out of the room and looking around. Gray was followed him again. "Do you have any idea where it might be?"

"No...It's disappeared for now, I think...Thank god." Gray sighed.

"Well it's getting late, we should probably get some sleep." Natsu suggested after they searched the entire building, neither of them could sense a strong presence so the called quits for the day.

"S-sleep?" Gray frowned.

"I'll light some candles to light the night, and we can sleep in the bed together?" Natsu suggested, not allowing his mind to turn perverted.

"Thanks for doing this for me, Natsu." Gray smiled for the first time since yesterday.

"It's nothing." Natsu replied with his infamous grin.

They went up the stairs together and to their room, changing into their sleep-wear, brushing their teeth and getting into bed. After Natsu lit some candles, of course.

Natsu stayed awake until Gray fell asleep, wanting to provide as much comfort to the terrified wizard. Gray eventually drifted into a light sleep, though he was constantly shifting. Not as if he was trying to get comfortable, more like he was trying to calm down about the presence he sensed.

Unsure what to do, Natsu just watched Gray struggle in his sleep and tried to come up with a way to comfort him. He performed the first action that came to him mind, he stretched his hand to where Gray's was and placed it gently over it whilst whispering comforting words like;

"Everything's okay."

"You're safe."

"I'll protect you."

Hi! Two updates in one night?! That might be my record! Hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. What do you think is in the house with them? And, Emotional_5sos? If at any point you would like to continue this book yourself, then tell me and I'll oblige. I still see this as your story, so....yeah!

See you at the next update!

~ Gale / Graci / Jaci