Part 1: A stranger's grieving stare

Start from the beginning

A bitter chuckle swayed away from her lips. "I'm sorry, I promised my parents that I would always be there for them and live with them as well. Who do you think I am? I'm not disobeying them, are you crazy?"

Delilah was those type of beings who would always fear to disappoint her parents, the ones who were still attached to the mother's umbilical cord for seventeen years, well metaphorically speaking of course. If close school companions would invite her over to their home, that meeting would end up at her mother's house. She wasn't really the kind of girl who would choose to have her friends because, to be honest, that ended up being the mama bird's job instead. And the only reason she's Naomi friend is that they were both basically raised together and the only friend she enjoyed out of her mother's pick truly.

Her friend scoffed, believing that her words were outrageous and inconceivable. "Come on let's just go to the party. It will be fun!!!"

Deli's blood boiled. "Don't you understand what NO means? It means NO!"

"NO means YES. Come on," Naomi tried once more, as she got closer to her and placed her hands on either side of her quivering shoulders.

"Naomi. NO means NO!," She huffed hoping her frustrated friend would lay off of her for once and for all.

Delilah just longed to weep lonesome on her bed knowing that her hope of going to her mother's dream college was minimizing. She just wanted to be alone and that was final. But thought her mind was telling her otherwise, the small fragile speck of this thing called "teenage-hood" engorged her soul and plummeting heart.

Her steady breathing hitched at just the thought of her finally living the life a seventeen-year-old girl should enjoy and cherish. "Fine, I'll go under one condition, for only half an hour."

She didn't perceive the words that left her throat until she witnessed a smirk grow past her friend's glossy lips.

"Epppp okay deal, now just get ready, I'll be waiting in the car," She screeched in excitement, leaving poor Deli with a profound battle between her and her conscious.

Naomi went to turn away in the direction of her car before Delilah's fears took the best of her."Wait, I change my mind."She breathes out more than just disappointed in herself and always ending up in playing it safe and regretting the things she never did which pulled a knot at her stomach. She knew if she didn't take the chance now, she'd be stuck in her den for the rest of the summer, which was filled with more than depression and anxiety.

Naomi perched her lips as her eyebrows merged into a frown. "Come on Deli you can't be doing this to me. I don't want history repeating itself like last year. Plus you can't keep your mother's dishonest words have you claimed sick in the head that even crossing the street by yourself will make a conflict happen! It's just a party, no harm will come to you, come on!!!!! Deli please do this for me, do this for your own sack in humanity," She urged which had Delilah thinking deeply at her obvious correct use of words.

She rushed a frustrated pair of fingers down her scalp as she debated on what was either right from wrong. As she did so she studied her best friend's features which consisted of sympathy and eagerness.

Delilah hesitantly went with her gut which she knew was going to be the conflict for her in the future. "Fine ....I'll do it let me just change my shirt and grab my phone."

*******

Delilah's quivering figure hesitated in opening the passenger's car door as her mother's voice interrupted her thoughts. She twirled the hem of her mint green blouse between her thumb and pointer finger as she harshly trailed her bottom lip in between her teeth. She stared at the iron gate in front of her as her brain all together progressed what was actually happening. She knew that Naomi's words always came with a price because they wouldn't really give a full understanding of clear information.