Could It Be?

I stood there in complete shock.

"Did he just- But how can- I just- ...Rin?" I thought to myself. I almost wanted to believe that his name, being the same as an anime character's name, was just a coincidence. But he looked like Rin from Blue Exorcist and had the same name... It was no coincidence.

I went to my next class, which was a 3D animation class. My best friend, (bff/n), was in that class with me. I sat in my seat and logged on to my computer. I looked over some of the animations I made recently.

I noticed that (bff/n) walked into the room and sat down at her computer. She always sat right next to me in that class. She looked over at my computer and was impressed at the sight of my human animations.

"Wow, those look really nice, (y/n)!" (bff/n) said. "Thanks, but it actually wasn't that hard. It just takes a really long time and a lot of patience to make animations like this," I said modestly.

After a bit of silence, I started a conversation. "So...did you hear about the new kid?" I asked my best friend.

"The one who has brown hair, nerdy glasses, and is really smart?" (bff/n) said.

"Well, sound's like Yukio's here too," I mumble to myself.

"I can't hear you when you mumble, (y/n). What did you say?" (bff/n) said curiously.

"This sounds crazy but..." I brought my voice down to a whisper. "I think Rin and Yukio Okumura go to our school." 

(Bff/n) stared at me blankly. She must've thought I was literally going crazy. 

"But then again, that wouldn't make any sense because they go to True Cross Academy and they're exorcists and they're from an anime and..." you continued rambling on and on nervously which made (bff/n) laugh a little.

I stopped rambling once I realized she was laughing at me. "Hey! What's so funny?" I blushed with embarrassment and scolded my friend.

"So the anime character you're obsessed with goes to our school now, eh? So when are you going to ask Rin out? You love him, right? Isn't that why you always read Rin Okumura x Reader fan-fictions?" she teased. 

My blush became more noticeable. I suddenly remembered the tons of Rin x Reader fan-fictions I read within the last month. I blushed more than ever.

I grabbed my head and said, "Agh! Why did I tell you that? You can't say stuff like that out loud anymore!" "Why's that?" (bff/n) said. "Because-" you began to say when the animations teacher interrupted me. 

"Now, (y/n), I don't mind if you talk quietly in my class but make sure that you are working just as much," the animations teacher said.

"Yes m'am. Sorry I was off task," I said in a respectful tone. The animations teacher, Miss Wade, was one of the nice teachers of my school. I got along well with her.

"Thank you, (y/n)," Miss Wade replied with a sincere smile. I continued working on my animation. Miss Wade went back to her desk and sat down. 

(Bff/n) leaned toward me and whispered, "What were you saying before we were interrupted? Something about not saying anything about Rin?"

"You can't walk around saying '(y/n) likes Rin~' anymore! People will start gossip about me if you keep saying stuff like that, and that's the last thing I want right now," I whispered and looked directly at (bff/n). 

(Bff/n) put her hands up and whispered back, "okay, okay! I'll try to quit teasing you about Rin. But you don't really think it's them, do you? I mean, you know it as well as I do... Rin and Yukio are from an anime. Chances are these people are just really good cosplayers that cosplay at school," (bff/n) whispered. 

That seemed to make more sense than two anime boys becoming real but I didn't want to believe that. I wanted to believe that Rin and Yukio Okumura, two adorable half-demon twins, were actually real and at my school. 

"That seems like the most logical explanation but..." I trailed off. 

"Okay. (Bff/n). I really want to believe your explanation but I also really think they're the real deal," I said. 

"Okay, keep thinking they're real in that magical little world inside your head," (bff/n) said playfully, waving her left hand around while speaking. 

"Thank you," I said sarcastically.

Before I knew it, class was over and the bell had rang.