"No," I answered, leaving Mom in shock.

"I'm leaving to be with someone else.." I muttered quietly.

I know that it was wrong in so many ways to leave to be with another person but...

"Wait, what do you mean to be with someone else? Niall.. What exactly happened while you were gone? Who were you with?" Dad asked.

"The night I disappeared, a girl found me. She took me to her apartment and let me stay there, and while I was there, she helped me and took care of me." I told them.

"We both tried so hard to make me remember who I was and my past and what was wrong with me, but we couldn't figure it out. I was stuck there until I could remember, but I never did. But still, she let me stay. She fed me, bought me things, and brought me new memories... And soon enough, I fell in love with her." I manage to say in almost one sentence.

Mom just looked at me emotionless, not knowing what to say.

Dad sighed, letting the quiet silence take over us again.

They didn't speak at all. They were both thinking, I knew it.

...and that made me even more nervous.

"Niall..." Mom finally spoke.

"What you said is true. You are old enough to decide things on your own, and we shouldn't be holding you back from what's making you happy," she relieved me.

This meant I was allowed to leave, right?

"But... You can't just leave Amy like this! She's been devastated for a long time. What do you think she'll do if you just left her again? Before it wasn't intentionally and she understood, but now you're doing it because you want to... How do you think she'll feel?" Mom stared at me, waiting for my answer.

I looked at the ground, not knowing what to say.

I've had enough of hearing Amy was "devastated" and "depressed" about me.

I heard it so many times already. I didn't wanna hear it anymore.

Yeah, I felt bad that I was leaving her again, but I want to be happy too.

While living here with her like this everyday, I'm not. I don't wanna live like this.

"Niall," a girl's voice cried behind us.

We all turned our heads to see Amy standing by the door, tears already streaming down her face.

"If that's what you really want to do, then go. I don't want to be the reason you're unhappy." she stuttered.

My parents stood up, and their eyes grew bigger.

Had she been listening to us this whole time? Shit...

"If she's the one you love, then go to her. I understand." I stood up, watching her in silence as she stood there trying not to cry anymore.

"Amy," I walked towards her, and grabbed her quickly for a tight hug, showing her how much I really appreciated her.

"Thank you.." I mumbled on her shoulder.

She lifted her arms a little, only touching my sides with her arms, not fully hugging me.

She was holding herself back already.

We let go, and my parents walked towards us with their same worried faces.

"Don't forget we are still your family." Dad told me.

"And if you ever remember your memories again, call us." Mom continued.